Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is your HVAC panel loose?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
sde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant future
sde780's Tacoma Gallery
Is your HVAC panel loose?

Like the title says, is the panel that houses HVAC knobs loose? Mine feels very loose - 2012 DCLB TRD Sport
Old 03-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
Old dog w/ Toy
slicked1 is on a distinguished road

slicked1's Tacoma Gallery
My 2013 seems to be a bit loose also. I think it is just held on by four clips on the corners. I might rip it out and make a few adjustments......
Old 03-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is loose as well, was going to ask the tech about it when I went in for my 20K service.

2012 DCSB
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
sde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant future
sde780's Tacoma Gallery
Heard a couple rattles coming from that area - 5k miles and its already rattling too bad warranty doesn't cover rattles...
Old 09-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Surfh2o is on a distinguished road
Surfh2o's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has what I would refer to as excessive movement. I can push in the panel maybe 1/8" without really trying. Maybe I'll mention it to my dealer if I remember. Anyone else have this?
Old 09-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
I suffer from this as well. Drives me nuts.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Wheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Wheelspinner's Tacoma Gallery
Same here on my 2013. I was gonna try small pieces of 3m tape of something less permanent like Velcro to try and hold it a little more snug.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the new Toyota Quality. Bend over, please.

My old trucks survived my youth - I wailed on them. No I drive this '12 and wonder WTF is going to break next.

Actually, I need to cut Toyota a little slack. Thanks to those dicks in D.C., every manufacturer is doing everything they can to save weight. Questionable lubricants, thinner steel or using thin aluminum in place of steel, thin plastics, smaller gauge wiring (imagine how many lbs they save right there with 18 vs 16 gauge wires over the wirespan of these trucks), missing parts (only one physical exterior door lock), plastic beds...

Brave new world, my shiny metal ass.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #10
SpecialK is on a distinguished road
SpecialK's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is loose too. When asked, the local Toyota dealer said it was normal...not happy but at least it doesn't rattle.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, mine has play too, but doesn't rattle.... yet.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #12
Banned
Man Overboard is on a distinguished road
Man Overboard's Tacoma Gallery
No
Old 09-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #13
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFireman View Post
Yes, mine has play too, but doesn't rattle.... yet.
Mine did this also. Take a small piece of velcro (the fuzzy part ) and cut to size and insert it into the small gap at the top on each end of the panel. Problem solved.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
Mine did this also. Take a small piece of velcro (the fuzzy part ) and cut to size and insert it into the small gap at the top on each end of the panel. Problem solved.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try if it starts rattling. I only noticed mine when I was wiping down the interior after I bought it. It's pretty minor play, so it might not ever be an issue.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
Surfh2o's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I wouldn't say it's a big problem by any means. However, when it does it it just feels cheesy. If I hop in another 13 and it's tight they will fix it.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
apedosmilglass is on a distinguished road

apedosmilglass's Tacoma Gallery
mine was loose. i took it off and put some tape on the plastic. now its tight
Old 09-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #17
Surfh2o's Tacoma Gallery
But should we have to do that?