Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP. Hood is jammed

Old 03-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
HELP. Hood is jammed

I was installing some Hellas behind the grill, and while checking to see if the wires would clear with the hood down, the latch has jammed and I can't open the hood.

This is what I'm looking at. Any help would be great, I'm going out of twin tomorrow morning and NEED to get this fixed. Thanks
Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
What happens when you pull the latch inside the cab?
Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
check the mechanics of the actual lever. spring etc in check?
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #4

dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
AND THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T DRINK AND WORK ON A TRUCK.

As embarrassing as this...wow.
I'm gonna go drink a few more to wash away the embarrassment
Old 03-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bwhahahahaha I was right wasn't I?
Old 03-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Bwhahahahaha I was right wasn't I?
It's like telling someone to see if there battery is connected... you hope to god... but it still...

or even if their child lock is on.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlooney View Post
AND THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T DRINK AND WORK ON A TRUCK.

As embarrassing as this...wow.
I'm gonna go drink a few more to wash away the embarrassment
At least you weren't trapped in your back seat

Old 03-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #9

dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes you can only laugh at your own incompetence...
Old 03-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #10
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

So you've locked yourself in your back seat and almost run over yourself?

Your Tacoma is going to get you.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Duckin' Frunks.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
HELP. Hood is jammed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Lol. I seen that thread!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
This is one of the funniest things I've ever read. . . WOW.

TY for the smiles.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #14
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
so the hood latch is operational?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #15
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlooney View Post
I was installing some Hellas behind the grill, and while checking to see if the wires would clear with the hood down, the latch has jammed and I can't open the hood.

This is what I'm looking at. Any help would be great, I'm going out of twin tomorrow morning and NEED to get this fixed. Thanks
so what about your twin?
Old 03-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #16
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery