Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Tacoma rear coilover suspension?

Old 03-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Tacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Tacoma0Josh's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Tacoma rear coilover suspension?

While in the dealership buying my new tacoma i noticed one of the double cabs on the showroom floor had coilovers on the rear suspension instead of the normal leaf springs. Anyone know the benefits of having coilovers on the rear suspension? At the same time anyone know if they would bolt on to my single cab?
Old 03-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
linked rears need a TON of fabwork to get to work right, nothing will just bolt up

any pics of the taco in the dealership?
Old 03-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Skeptical. It's a possible mod, but I wouldn't expect it showroom floor and it's not from factory.

ToMoCo did an IRS Taco for SEMA a few years back. As far as I know they've never done a linked rear.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
offroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Jared
offroadwonder's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. I wonder if they were just helper springs or a full linked setup. That said, I had a 2010 dodge ram which has coils from the factory. It was a smooth ride but had limited payload capacity.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
probably saw a baja or whatever they are called w/ resi shocks or somethin
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins View Post
probably saw a baja or whatever they are called w/ resi shocks or somethin
I'm thinking this. Terminology error.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Tacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma0Josh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Tacoma0Josh's Tacoma Gallery
No pics as of now, when i go in there for my first oil change ill snap a pic... if its still there. I asked the a salesman about it he said its was one of their custom trucks but he said the coilover rear suspension was part of the TRD package. Ill try to get a pic next time.