Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Quick IMMRYO Mirror Bracket Question

Old 03-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
specialk2012 is on a distinguished road
specialk2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quick IMMRYO Mirror Bracket Question

About to the install the mirror bracket which will be perfect for me being 6'5, but there are members of my family who often drive and are under 6'0. Not outrageous, shortest being 5'7, but if this bracket is installed, will the rear view mirror become useless for them, or they will still be able to see just fine?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialk2012 View Post
About to the install the mirror bracket which will be perfect for me being 6'5, but there are members of my family who often drive and are under 6'0. Not outrageous, shortest being 5'7, but if this bracket is installed, will the rear view mirror become useless for them, or they will still be able to see just fine?
They will be able to see fine
Old 03-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night..
true
Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
I'm having some difficulty on this install.

I have the basic mirror with no electronics and I'm reading the reviews of how easy it was to install yet I feel I'm gonna have to use some serious force and wasn't expected.

Basically I'm trying to push the whole unit up from the base of the window and it does not seem to be coming off easily. I'm as supposed to get the mirror itself off first, then move onto the base unit attached to window?
Old 03-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2006KJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm having some difficulty on this install.

I have the basic mirror with no electronics and I'm reading the reviews of how easy it was to install yet I feel I'm gonna have to use some serious force and wasn't expected.

Basically I'm trying to push the whole unit up from the base of the window and it does not seem to be coming off easily. I'm as supposed to get the mirror itself off first, then move onto the base unit attached to window?
there is a set screw that holds it to the windshield.. remove the set screw and push the mirror and bracket straight up towards the head liner.. mine took little to no force.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
There were no screws involved, and I was able to snap the mirror off. I'm not as happy as I thought I would be after install though. I saw pictures of others who sat right at the top of the ceiling, and as you can see below mine certainly has a ways to go. Anyone else have this issue or perhaps a suggestion of what's wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Quick IMMRYO Mirror Bracket Question-2013-03-02_15-28-09_273.jpg  
Old 03-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
Braking Bad is on a distinguished road

Braking Bad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There were no screws involved, and I was able to snap the mirror off. I'm not as happy as I thought I would be after install though. I saw pictures of others who sat right at the top of the ceiling, and as you can see below mine certainly has a ways to go. Anyone else have this issue or perhaps a suggestion of what's wrong?
Looks like mine. I think it varies on different years. I thought the extra space was for the wires that mine and yours don't have
Old 03-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
rtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
rtrudel35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine sits right up against the head liner. I have a 2012.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My '09 sits about 1" higher than that
Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #12
Mytaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutMytaco09 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Steve
Mytaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hey can you take a picture from the side like rtrudel35 did in post #10 to compare the difference?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #13
car78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have pivot points between the mirror and the bracket. Just push the mirror up towards the headliner.