Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

U-Shaped Holes in Center Console

Old 03-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
Wisaunders is on a distinguished road
Wisaunders's Tacoma Gallery
U-Shaped Holes in Center Console

First, just wanted to say thank you. I just picked up my 2013 Limited last Monday and I've already hose clamped the tailgate, stopped the remote lock form triggering the beep and I have a mirror raiser bracket on the way, all thank to you guys.

I'm wondering what the four U-shaped (two right side up and two upside down) holes are for in the center console. Anyone know? I've attached a picture of them for reference.

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
U-Shaped Holes in Center Console-consoleholes.jpg  
Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on new taco! there should be another pair of holes opposite to that, its for a cargo net
Old 03-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
they're for attaching a small "cargo net"
My '12 didn't come with one. I think they stopped including them.
I'm sure the dealership would sell you one for some ridiculous amount, but if I were you, I'd just get the center console organizer sold by user Salex on here.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #4
Wisaunders is on a distinguished road
Wisaunders's Tacoma Gallery
Ah ha, Thank guys

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...cargo-net.html
Old 03-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #5
It seemed like a good idea at the time...
RickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Retired
RickG's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to RickG
Can't find the link at the moment but one of the online Toyota parts places had them for 6 bucks and change.

Ahh... Here:

http://tps.toyotaofdallas.com/parts/...nt=Cargo%20net
Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
ThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThomasMore66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
they're for attaching a small "cargo net"
My '12 didn't come with one. I think they stopped including them.
I'm sure the dealership would sell you one for some ridiculous amount, but if I were you, I'd just get the center console organizer sold by user Salex on here.
And the glove box organizer.

http://www.salexorganizers.com/Home_Page.php
Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickG View Post
Can't find the link at the moment but one of the online Toyota parts places had them for 6 bucks and change.

Ahh... Here:

http://tps.toyotaofdallas.com/parts/...nt=Cargo%20net
I went here but was unable to find it. I had seen it on this site before but it's gone now. My local stealership wanted to charge me $30+ to order it but I remember seeing it here for like $10. Anyone know where I can find it?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
for you to run wires through for your CB
Old 10-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Wait, if you bought the truck brand new, it should've came with one. Go back to the dealer and demand for one instead of spending out of pocket.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
Wait, if you bought the truck brand new, it should've came with one. Go back to the dealer and demand for one instead of spending out of pocket.
They get around that by saying it's not bundled with a new truck anymore so they're making me buy it.