Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Tacoma tried to attack my garage

Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #21
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
My VSC kicked in prematurely only ONCE while I was pulling in my driveway everything started going off, it happened around 2000 mi and hasnt happened again so Im not worried about it, if it does happen regularly then Im taking it to the dealer but I wouldnt know what would cause it
Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
Fms is on a distinguished road
Fms's Tacoma Gallery
It happened to me yesterday by a stop sign. There were a few rocks on the pavement. The brakes were already on and was almost to a full stop when front wheels hit the gravel. I was not sure if the truck was going to stop in time or continue hopping through the sign.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #23
Manic Mechanic
Hugh Morron is a jewel in the roughHugh Morron is a jewel in the roughHugh Morron is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
Hugh Morron's Tacoma Gallery
ABS Fuse

I pulled the ABS #1 fuse because it only lights up 2 lights in the dash the ABS light and the VSC light. If you pull the ABS #2 Fuse it also lights up the BRAKE light. I like having the brake light out that way if it lights up it will remind me to release the E- brake. Believe me what a difference with my truck. I am no longer afraid to drive in bad weather with it. My advice is to take the fuse out and then short it out and blow it. Then reinstall, fuses blow all the time. When you do this take your time and drive with caution until you are confident. At first you think that you are being unsafe driving without ABS, but once you get over that you will realize how much safer your truck is without it. Good luck, God bless and drive safe.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #24
Jaws9760 has a spectacular aura aboutJaws9760 has a spectacular aura about

Jaws9760's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Morron View Post
I pulled the ABS #1 fuse because it only lights up 2 lights in the dash the ABS light and the VSC light. If you pull the ABS #2 Fuse it also lights up the BRAKE light. I like having the brake light out that way if it lights up it will remind me to release the E- brake. Believe me what a difference with my truck. I am no longer afraid to drive in bad weather with it. My advice is to take the fuse out and then short it out and blow it. Then reinstall, fuses blow all the time. When you do this take your time and drive with caution until you are confident. At first you think that you are being unsafe driving without ABS, but once you get over that you will realize how much safer your truck is without it. Good luck, God bless and drive safe.
Right on man, thank you, that was very helpful. I've enjoyed your input in the ABS threads, definitely helped me make an informed decision.