Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Missing part on OEM roof rack?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Missing part on OEM roof rack?

I just recently installed an OEM roof rack on my truck but during installation I noticed that there was nothing to screw the pivot torx bolt into on the passenger side. The driver's side had basically a threaded piece of metal that it screwed into but there was nothing on the passenger side. Did anyone else have this problem?

Passenger side, looking down into where the pivot bolt should screw into.. The black that you can see is the top of the roof.

bottom of Driver side

Pivot bolt on driver side
Old 03-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm reading you correctly?

If your talking cross bars, then 1 side screws on and the other snap locks in place, so you can open and close them?

They should also be staggered, my passenger side is screwed and my drivers side is snapped in
Old 03-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea the issue is I cant screw in one side. Basically the nut that you screw the pivot bolt into is missing. I can snap the other end into place its just not sturdy enough without being able to have the pivot bolt tightened into something. If that makes sense
Old 03-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates?
Old 03-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
cheese'd out of my mind

Ive been talking with TRDparts4u and it seems that it was shipped without a square nut and o-ring in the rack itself. So I have that coming in the mail and hopefully that will resolve the issue.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
cheese'd out of my mind

Here are the missing pieces. Put them in the rack and it was good to go. Real happy with the customer service from TRDparts4u. I would definately recommend them to others
Old 03-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same issue. I found my square nut loose in the big box.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #8
imDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Darrin
imDARRIN's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a specific part number for the square nut and O-ring? I got all the way through the install processes and just about to put the RH crossmember on with the pivot bolt when i realized it was spinning around and around into nothing..