Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission flush on 2008 prerunner 2 wheel drive

Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
joeortego is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
joeortego's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission flush on 2008 prerunner 2 wheel drive

I have seen alot of procedures for the 4 wheel drive models with the trans. temp light. But mine does not have the light how do you know when to check it????
Old 03-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I don't use that method. I wait till it gets up to operating temp, then do the filling procedure.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeortego View Post
I have seen alot of procedures for the 4 wheel drive models with the trans. temp light. But mine does not have the light how do you know when to check it????
It still works the same way. Your truck has the temp light it just does not light up until you do the procedure to check for temp. I've done it multiple times on trucks at my work.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I don't use that method. I wait till it gets up to operating temp, then do the filling procedure.
That's wrong. If truck is at operating temp than you are to high.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Too high? I don't smoke sir.

Depends who you talk to. I've heard licensed Toyota techs say operating temp is fine.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Too high? I don't smoke sir.

Depends who you talk to. I've heard licensed Toyota techs say operating temp is fine.
Sadly I believe you. I had to fix my wife's truck, transmission fluid level was low, after Toyota service. I realized because transmission was slipping when cold going uphill. If you set level at full temp, on cold days when you start truck it will be pumping air into torque converter. This not a problem for people living in warmer places since temp difference is not as brutal and tranny warms up almost immediately. For the rest of us in colder climate that is problem. Removing dipstick from tranny was stupidest thing ever by toyota.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
It still works the same way. Your truck has the temp light it just does not light up until you do the procedure to check for temp. I've done it multiple times on trucks at my work.
^^this^^