LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

toyota replacing fan motor for free!

Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
tundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nice

tundrataco's Tacoma Gallery
toyota replacing fan motor for free!

hey guys, i bought my 07 dclb used at a dealer last month, i happened to mention the other day a slight clicking coming from the fan/ heater. right away they said bring it in they will replace the motor free of charge, they said theyve been replacing a lot on the newer tacos, anyone had this done!? she never mentioned a recall..
Old 03-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Yes had mine done 2 weeks ago. Not a recall.....TSB
Old 03-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Had it done on my 2010 - no muss, no fuss.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
DIVER_5
DIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: BOATSWAINS MATE 2ND CLASS
Name: LAWRENCE
DIVER_5's Tacoma Gallery
HEATER FAN

So all you guys replaced your heaters huh?
Did any if you do it yourself? What did you pay for the heaters?
I think my actual heater is fine. I think it's my fan.
Bought my truck new. No issues until now.
Sometimes fan works, sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Lawrence
Old 03-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
The fan not the heater. No money involved.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
rockbug63 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: jet mechanic
rockbug63's Tacoma Gallery
Everything twice

Radio replaced ...twice, fan motor replaced ...twice Stealership does not purge the New Old Stock parts in inventory. By now most of the old motors should be gone. So far the Daytime Running/" burning" lights have not started to melt after replacement but I fully expect them to after about 2 years so I will have to pay for that set myself. Total replacement...twice! Buying another Taco... NOT TWICE.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
Tacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacozilla's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys let me ask you. I just pick up a 2013 on sunday. I noticed that when I turn off the truck after driving it. I can hear a noise which I think is the blower fan slowing down and stoping. Is this what all of you are talking about. It sounds like its rubbing against something just before it stops.

And one other thing (sorry to the OP for hijacking) I have been reading on here. Is it normal to have a sometype of vibration on these taco's. I can feel it in the gas pedal when I excelerate like getting onto the freeway with a sound as if they forgot to put in some type of insulation between the passenger compartment driver side transmission area. When I am driving normal speed in 4th/OD its smooth. No vibrations. Just trying to see if these are the characteristics of these trucks. If I put my hold the streeting wheel at 9 and 3 positions no vibrations smooth. If I hold it at 12 slight vibration. Trying not to read into these things. I have owned F150/F250/tundras, all were smooth as glass. Just checking.

Just checking I have a toyota Yaris which does not have these types of sounds and vibrations. I know that I should not compare these two but i thought that maybe there is something wrong with the taco.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
this is great news, mine bugs the shit out of me!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #10
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Can any one guide me to this TSB please. I think I might have the same problem.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
fizzlebag is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: TC
fizzlebag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacozilla View Post
Hey guys let me ask you. I just pick up a 2013 on sunday. I noticed that when I turn off the truck after driving it. I can hear a noise which I think is the blower fan slowing down and stoping. Is this what all of you are talking about. It sounds like its rubbing against something just before it stops.

And one other thing (sorry to the OP for hijacking) I have been reading on here. Is it normal to have a sometype of vibration on these taco's. I can feel it in the gas pedal when I excelerate like getting onto the freeway with a sound as if they forgot to put in some type of insulation between the passenger compartment driver side transmission area. When I am driving normal speed in 4th/OD its smooth. No vibrations. Just trying to see if these are the characteristics of these trucks. If I put my hold the streeting wheel at 9 and 3 positions no vibrations smooth. If I hold it at 12 slight vibration. Trying not to read into these things. I have owned F150/F250/tundras, all were smooth as glass. Just checking.

Just checking I have a toyota Yaris which does not have these types of sounds and vibrations. I know that I should not compare these two but i thought that maybe there is something wrong with the taco.

The fan noise you hear probably has something to do with the emissions system under the hood. They put some sort of blower on the 12-13 that makes that kind of noise.

Vibes are common with Tacomas (tons of threads on this forum). I own a 13 as well and get minor vibes on acceleration.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #12
Tacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacozilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzlebag View Post
The fan noise you hear probably has something to do with the emissions system under the hood. They put some sort of blower on the 12-13 that makes that kind of noise.

Vibes are common with Tacomas (tons of threads on this forum). I own a 13 as well and get minor vibes on acceleration.

Thanks for the responce. And to tell you the truth its nice to hear that some of the things are suppose to be that way. I started going nuts thinking I made a bad choice in going with tacoma .

And to add that makes sense because it happens when i have the fan off as well.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #13
fizzlebag is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: TC
fizzlebag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacozilla View Post
Thanks for the responce. And to tell you the truth its nice to hear that some of the things are suppose to be that way. I started going nuts thinking I made a bad choice in going with tacoma .

And to add that makes sense because it happens when i have the fan off as well.
No problem
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbug63 View Post
Radio replaced ...twice, fan motor replaced ...twice Stealership does not purge the New Old Stock parts in inventory. By now most of the old motors should be gone. So far the Daytime Running/" burning" lights have not started to melt after replacement but I fully expect them to after about 2 years so I will have to pay for that set myself. Total replacement...twice! Buying another Taco... NOT TWICE.
I believe the replacement headlamps are updated (glass insert). No melting unless they gave you another of the plastic ones.

I heard my blower motor tick at speed 1 but after turning it up higher, no more ticking. Next oil change I will have let the dealer check it.