Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Re-Gearing and Need Help!

Old 03-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
Re-Gearing and Need Help!

So I have a 3' lift with 33' Goodyear Duratracs on my setup. I just got an NFAB tire carrier with a full sized spare and wheel and that has made my truck very sluggish. It is very noticable how much slower it is with the bigger tires and now the tire carrier and full sized spare, which is killing my truck's MPG's as well...

I want to re-gear to 4.56's as that is what seems to be the best choice. I am a 2WD PreRunner 2008 DCSB, but I don't know what gears to buy and from where. I have heard that Nitro is good, and also that since I am a 2WD i only need the rear gears? Sorry, I just am not very mechanically inclined. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
yup only need the rears and an install kit. I got Nitro's from the last group buy on here. I havent heard anyone on here have problems with them
Old 03-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
Dutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDutch'nComa13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joshua
Dutch'nComa13's Tacoma Gallery
From your pic it looks as though you're a sport and would have an 8.4" rear end. In that case you should look at finding a 4.30 gear for a T100. Unless you will be going to 35s later on, 4.56 maybe a tad overkill. Just my thought on things.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
talk to chase at www.eastcoastgearsupply.com in the morning, he can hook you up for the whole 3rd member and you just send him yours back
Old 03-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch'nComa13 View Post
From your pic it looks as though you're a sport and would have an 8.4" rear end. In that case you should look at finding a 4.30 gear for a T100. Unless you will be going to 35s later on, 4.56 maybe a tad overkill. Just my thought on things.
I am actually an SR5 converted to look like a TRD Sport
Old 03-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
yup only need the rears and an install kit. I got Nitro's from the last group buy on here. I havent heard anyone on here have problems with them
So Nitro 4.56 gears for the rear? I have been looking on google but there are some gears that are labelled weirdly and I don't know which ones are for which or which ones are right and which ones I need.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but if he's just trying to get Mpgs back 4.56 isn't gonna do it, shouldn't he get 4.10's? I've heard that is the closest to "stock" gearing for 33's...