Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wrangler Diesel deposit(Taco for sale)

Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
midlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to all

midlife4X4fix's Tacoma Gallery
Wrangler Diesel deposit(Taco for sale)

I just put down my deposit on the upcoming 3.0L(420 lb\ft MBZ) V6 diesel Wrangler. Take note Toyota! Loosing a 6 truck customer due to your ignorance to customer demand.
I have about a year wait so I thought I would let you guys know that I will either be trading in or selling my Taco.
Attached Thumbnails
Wrangler Diesel deposit(Taco for sale)-image.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
When did they announce that they'd be putting that engine in the Wrangler?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
midlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to allmidlife4X4fix is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
When did they announce that they'd be putting that engine in the Wrangler?
About a week ago. The Cherokee is getting it now.
A buddy of mine is the GM at a local Jeep dealer. He confirmed it.
That motor would be amazing in a Tacoma!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I almost broke my neck trying to look at your truck LOL. GLWS OP. Good idea for Jeep but I'd still be weary of buying a Chrysler product right now.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife4X4fix View Post
About a week ago. The Cherokee is getting it now.
Interesting. I'm curious to see how the engine works out once it's in the hands of customers. The Dodge 1500 diesel seems like a nice option.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #6

I'll just get a trailer for my truck duties.
I plan to get a base Rubicon with NO options and a soft top.
I will then Poison Spiderize it to the extreme!!
The only undecided thing is 2 door or 4 door!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Interesting. I'm curious to see how the engine works out once it's in the hands of customers. The Dodge 1500 diesel seems like a nice option.
Is that the same motor or the Cummins?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
lol ignorance to customer demand?

Im willing to bet less than 1% of current customers would prefer a diesel over the gas engine.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #9
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
So you are saying that you put a deposit down on a Jeep that will not be introduced or available for 2+ years (2015)?

While I agree that it would be cool to have a diesel, no way would I pay a $4,500 premium for it - that's what the upgrade costs in the Grand Cherokee.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016...el-engine.html
Old 03-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
lol ignorance to customer demand?

Im willing to bet less than 1% of current customers would prefer a diesel over the gas engine.
Yeah, shit tons of people claim to want a diesel, but when it comes down to it, the diesel option will likely cost so much more that in the end only 1% would actually get it. Now if they could release a diesel option at the same price that may be another story. haha
Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
In a Coma is on a distinguished road
In a Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, you crazy man! Just because it's a diesel doesn't mean it's without problems. It's still a Jeep and I'd give it a few years for them to work out the kinks. I know I'll NEVER own another Jeep as long as I live even if it had a 100,000 mile warranty and the best diesel engine in the world. My confidence that Jeep will actually make something worth a shit is extremely low. I certainly would never drive a Jeep to Central America or on a long haul out of the country. But, hey man, best of luck! To each his own. Hope it works out for you

And you know, you can bring a Hilux into the US. People think you can't but they are not actually listed on the "No Import" list. Go to Mexico, buy one and drive it back. Pretty simple. The main downfall is you lose your factory warranty so you'll have to be able to fix it yourself or be out of pocket to hire a mechanic to fix it for you. Although, I doubt you'll run into many problems.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
SpeedBlueTaco0502 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
SpeedBlueTaco0502's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedBlueTaco0502
Don't lift it, my 2004 u-joints always snapped off at the rear destroying my muffler and brake lines. That was my only problem with my TJ. I regret selling it, but I needed a pickup when I bought my first home. Best of Luck on this Wrangler. Yeah Toyota doesn't have a Diesel yet, have a V-8 in it yet. But I love this truck for what it is.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
vtdog will become famous soon enough
vtdog's Tacoma Gallery
I have to tell you that you must be on drugs to be expecting the Wrangler Diesel to be a reliable and useful vehicle. I got rid of a Jeep Liberty Diesel when I got my Tacoma. The diesel liberty which used a VM Motori engine was, in 2 words, not trustworthy. Only if you discounted a lousy transmission and poor engine/pollution control would it be considered a success. I have never ever had a less reliable vehicle. In addition, the dealer network was useless (they never trained the mechanics beyond a video) and the parts were expensive and seemingly always on back order.
The Liberty was my first and last Chrysler product. If you get one, I wish you luck as you will surely need it!
If you dont believe me, go over to the Liberty CRD site (L.O.S.T.) and see the problems the owners have.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #14
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by In a Coma View Post
And you know, you can bring a Hilux into the US. People think you can't but they are not actually listed on the "No Import" list. Go to Mexico, buy one and drive it back. Pretty simple. The main downfall is you lose your factory warranty so you'll have to be able to fix it yourself or be out of pocket to hire a mechanic to fix it for you. Although, I doubt you'll run into many problems.

did some quick googling and seems it would just need to conform to EPA and DOT safety requirements...which I'm pretty sure it does already and wouldn't need the expensive testing done..

If I lived in Texas i'd totally look into driving one back from Mexico.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
2015 I thought?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #16
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
no bueno.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #17

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife4X4fix View Post
Is that the same motor or the Cummins?
No, it won't be a Cummins. I believe they are talking about using the same Chrysler engine that the Jeeps are getting.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #18
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun when your Jeep starts falling apart before the loan is paid off
Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Ram is putting a diesel in the 1500 series.
I think more customers would opt for a diesel than you think. Yes it is more expensive up front, but that's because it's worth it. MPG, torque, longevity.

We all bought a toyota and paid a premium for it. Everything worth having has a price.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by In a Coma View Post
you know, you can bring a Hilux into the US. People think you can't but they are not actually listed on the "No Import" list. Go to Mexico, buy one and drive it back. Pretty simple. The main downfall is you lose your factory warranty so you'll have to be able to fix it yourself or be out of pocket to hire a mechanic to fix it for you. Although, I doubt you'll run into many problems.
that would be sick.... but if this was true i would think there would be more of them in the US....