Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Advantage and Disadvantage of UCA's (Brands)

Old 02-11-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
ballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant futureballon78 has a brilliant future
ballon78's Tacoma Gallery
Advantage and Disadvantage of UCA's (Brands)

Come to the conclusion that if i want my truck with 5100's and rear TSB to ever handle good again, with the bf mud terrains that i need UCA's even with the 1.75 lift.

There are a handfull of companys out there, maybe people can right what they like about each and why.

I'm leaning towards the Light Racing, only because of the sealed ball joint, i dont do any off roading, so i like the idea of a non open misalignment joint. My truck will never see crazy angles.

Are there any other UCA's that have traditional ball joints, But still work and get alignment caster/ camber perfect after install?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
STLTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
This is a good question. I'm interested to thoughts of those who have aftermarket UCAs as well.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The Light Raceing UCA has had issues in the past. They say they are fixed as of now. They are a stronger UCA than stock, but the Ball joint is not much different than factory.
Camburg and Total Chaos are much stronger desigs than the LR. They use a Uniball and, though they are not "Sealed", I havent heard of any issues with it being a problem. The Camburg uses a harder material in their Uniball, and it can lead to becomeing noisey. I have had my TC Under water, and actually had some concrete harden on it, as well as exposed to mud, sand, etc. and it has been unafected. No noise, or unusual wear. With a Uniball UCA, changing the Uniball is as easy as removeing a "C" clip, and pressing the old one out, and pushing a new one in. the Uniballs are "Military Grade" so they are not going to be harmed by exposeure to the elements.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Might want to add the All Pro UCAs to the list. They seem to have almost identical specs to the TC UCAs. and they are cheaper.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
TW Addict
Y0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to all

Army: (01/2006-07/2009)B 2-44 ADA 101st Airbone Air Assault Division
Name: Zac
Y0TA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Y0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyperx View Post
Might want to add the All Pro UCAs to the list. They seem to have almost identical specs to the TC UCAs. and they are cheaper.
I would like to know some opinions on the all-pro's too. i know i have heard of them breaking with hard riding, but what about the around town mall cruiser. are the all-pro rebuildable too? i am not going to be doing much off-roading so what should be better, the Light Racing or the All Pro? Both have a price that catch my eye. ahhh...so many questions and so many different opinions, but i really dont know which one to go with.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I havent heard of anyone running All Pro UCA's that didnt complain about them being noisey.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
i have the light racing just for that reason,dont wheel it or dont plan on it cause its my dd.i have a jeep to play in.like chris said they did have problems with them in the begining but they corrected that so im told.i liked the price as well and very functional to.good luck,i dont think you will go wrong for the lruca.later
Old 02-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #8
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
i have the light racing just for that reason,dont wheel it or dont plan on it cause its my dd.i have a jeep to play in.like chris said they did have problems with them in the begining but they corrected that so im told.i liked the price as well and very functional to.good luck,i dont think you will go wrong for the lruca.later
How long have you had them? Do you like them so far? I am at a point where I am trying to determine what my next upgrade should be. My truck is also my DD, but I plan on doing some mild wheeling with it as well. Nothing to extreme. I would love to get the TC UCAs, but I keep thinking it might be overkill for what I truly need. Also they are close to $700 which is a big turn off for me. So I am trying to decide what matches my needs. I am really having a hard time making up my mind.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #9

Quote:
How long have you had them? Do you like them so far? I am at a point where I am trying to determine what my next upgrade should be. My truck is also my DD, but I plan on doing some mild wheeling with it as well. Nothing to extreme. I would love to get the TC UCAs, but I keep thinking it might be overkill for what I truly need. Also they are close to $700 which is a big turn off for me. So I am trying to decide what matches my needs. I am really having a hard time making up my mind.
Well, how long are you gonna or planning on keeping your truck? If for a long time, Get the TC's. Worth the price of admition.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #10
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Well, how long are you gonna or planning on keeping your truck? If for a long time, Get the TC's. Worth the price of admition.
I am hoping to have the truck for 200k miles. The thing is will the TC UCAs be a good match for the 5100's at 1.75" or are they not even needed? I have thought about taking them to 2.5" to level the truck out a little more.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #11

Quote:
I am hoping to have the truck for 200k miles. The thing is will the TC UCAs be a good match for the 5100's at 1.75" or are they not even needed? I have thought about taking them to 2.5" to level the truck out a little more.
The TC's will be fine for a 1.75 lift, and if you ever lift it to 2.5, your still covered.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #14
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
Here's a review of Camburg, TC, and LR UCA's.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=173282
Thanks Toku. The TC's seem to be the most popular. Would be nice to have more information on the LR UCAs as well as the All-Pro UCAs since they are close to what I would be willing to spend. $700 for the TC's that are basically going to give me a more precise alignment seems a bit crazy. Wish Wheeler's still had the TC's for $569.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #15

Give wheelers a call. Im pretty sure that they will give you a discount.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #16
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Give wheelers a call. Im pretty sure that they will give you a discount.
I doubt they would discount the TC's from $669 to $569.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #17

Quote:
I doubt they would discount the TC's from $669 to $569.
Never hurts to ask. Tell them Obama sent you.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
since i lifted my CO's and all, I havent had any noise from my AP's. still havent found any tri flow to put on them yet either though
Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
since i lifted my CO's and all, I havent had any noise from my AP's. still havent found any tri flow to put on them yet either though
Useing PB blaster, you wont have any noise. BUT, It will alow dirt and crap to build in and around the uniball, eventually leading to its destruction.