I have a 2007 21 gal Prerunner Double Cab Long Bed V6-Thanks -Rich
Old 08-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #2
Soul is on a distinguished road

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2007 21 gal Prerunner Access Cab Standard Bed 4 inline-Thanks -Soul
Old 08-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #3
Rich Swanner is on a distinguished road

Rich Swanner's Tacoma Gallery
So how much gas is left at the low fuel light?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:47 AM   #4

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it's around 5-10% fuel? but your question is how much fuel I have no clue? that's why i'm wondering too
Old 08-26-2007, 03:47 AM   #5
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I believe its 3 gal.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
I think its between 2-3 gallons. let it run until the light comes on go get a full tank
Old 08-26-2007, 07:25 AM   #7
wrxed96 is on a distinguished road
wrxed96's Tacoma Gallery
I would say close to 4 gallons. I usaully fill up 30-40 miles after the light comes on and put in about 18.5 gallons give or take. I put in 20.5 once after about 75 miles.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

707taco's Tacoma Gallery
ALL u HAve to do is reset ur odometer when the lite comes on

REset your od when the lite comes on then run it out of gas w/ a gas can in the back and then u will knowhow many miles u have im doing next week ill tell u soon.........
Old 08-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #9
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707taco View Post
REset your od when the lite comes on then run it out of gas w/ a gas can in the back and then u will knowhow many miles u have im doing next week ill tell u soon.........
Running a fuel injected vehicle out of gas is a BAD IDEA. There is much more chance to cause a problem trying to re-prime a fuel injection system than to re-prime a carb.

Besides, your Distance To Empty will varry based on your load and driving conditions.

Just start looking for a gas station at a quarter tank and get gas by the time the light comes on. What on earth would prompt you to decide to intentionally run your truck out of fuel???
Old 08-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #10

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707taco View Post
that sounds like a horrible idea... that's like starving until your dead
Old 08-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
.... that's like starving until your dead
What? No Steak till I die?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #12
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
light comes on at 3 gallons. I agree that running your tank empty is NOT a good idea. i try to treat my 1/4 mark like the Empty mark. once it hits 1/4 i fill up. i never have to worry about running out of gas if i do that
Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #13
isusww is on a distinguished road
isusww's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
light comes on at 3 gallons. I agree that running your tank empty is NOT a good idea. i try to treat my 1/4 mark like the Empty mark. once it hits 1/4 i fill up. i never have to worry about running out of gas if i do that
I agree! Plus, running it down to the last drop all the time can cause extra wear and tear on your fuel pump. I know gas is expensive, but a new fuel pump isn't cheap and a BIG pain in the butt to put in. My two cents worth...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #14
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isusww View Post
I agree! Plus, running it down to the last drop all the time can cause extra wear and tear on your fuel pump. I know gas is expensive, but a new fuel pump isn't cheap and a BIG pain in the butt to put in. My two cents worth...
good point. fuel is like beer, you cant have too much of it and its a bad idea to wait until you run out to buy more. Might was well keep your fuel tank/fridge well stocked at all times. it's not like you're gonna buy it then not use/drink it. keep it full and stay happy
Old 08-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #15
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know about imperial, but I keep track of my fill-ups and when the light comes on I consistantly fill up with 65 liters. So 80 liter tank minus 65 liters equals 15 liter reserve.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #16
isusww's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
I dont know about imperial, but I keep track of my fill-ups and when the light comes on I consistantly fill up with 65 liters. So 80 liter tank minus 65 liters equals 15 liter reserve.
He said liters lol.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #17

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isusww View Post
He said liters lol.
i was thinking the same thing
Old 08-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #18
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
I might as well join in and laugh at myself now too.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:06 PM   #19
isusww's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
I might as well join in and laugh at myself now too.
reid - thanks for being a good sport. You know us Americans like our measuring system and are too stubborn to change our ways and go metric . There are two things Americans can relate to in liters...engine displacement and soda.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #20

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Actually i love the metric system, the only thing i want to keep is gallons for fuel and miles instead of kilometers, everything else can change. I love metrick tools. i have no idea whats bigger, 7/8's or 14/56's or 200/10000's.... i hate that sh!t. If 7mm is just barely too small, just try an 8mm wrench.... its so much easier