1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Metal Miller Spare Tire Mount Installed!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cooj, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Mar 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    cooj

cooj [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Long Island, NY (Attending college at Binghamton U
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport Stock
    Metal Miller spare tire bed rail mount
    Although I installed it a while ago, I finally got time to borrow my girlfriend's camera and take some pictures of my Metal Miller spare mount!! This thing is freakin awesome, and I have to give props to Metal Miller for such great service, a smooth transaction, and of course a kick a$$ product. It was an easy install, minus it being freezing cold out. Anyway, here are the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can take some more pictures too if anyone wants to see different shots or angles. The wheel mounted is the stock 19inch sport upgrade wheel; it fits snugly. I've done some light wheeling with it, and this thing is rock solid so far. It creates a slight blindspot where its located, but it's not unbearable. I put it on this side of the bed because I have my mountain bike fork mount at the front of the bed on the other side (it would block me from being able to put the bike there), and I don't have the special tool to adjust the bike mount here at school with me:eek: I thought about mounting it right behind the cab but decided to try this out first. To sum it up, this I really love this so far and would recommend it to anyone!

2. Mar 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    dboz

dboz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Access Literider Tonneau, GO RHINO Dominator II side steps
    Why did you need this with stock wheel and tire? I prefer hidden underneath. Now if you have monster meats that can't fit underneath, then it would make sense.

3. Mar 7, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    cooj

cooj [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Long Island, NY (Attending college at Binghamton U
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport Stock
    Metal Miller spare tire bed rail mount
    Well I've definitely been bit by the mod bug since I got the truck, and have been chomping at the bit to do stuff to it. I thought the tire mount would be a cool reasonably priced first mod for me, and to be honest I like the way it looks in the bed. Plus, after getting it muddy I decided to mess around with the stock spare tire system and found that the entire wheel was utterly caked with mud and grime. Maybe not the best justification, but it was enough for me:D

Products Discussed in

To Top