Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hmmm.. the ultimate way to get rid of annoying seat belt bong?

Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm.. the ultimate way to get rid of annoying seat belt bong?

Ok, so I'm going to start by saying I NEVER drive down the road without my seatbelt. I don't pull out of the driveway unless I'm as safe as possible. All you Nannys who want to go "WHAT?!?! BE WITHIN 10 FEET OF A CAR WITHOUT A SEATBELT??" just piss off, this post is not for you. Go figure out when you lost the ability to make rational thoughts. The American public at large may be too stupid and need that annoying beep to remind them to put their stupid seatbelt on. I'm not sure that this is a requirement to sell cars in the US, but it seems to be primarily for the US market. Other countries don't make a big deal of this and their cars reflect it. I am an American and I like to think for myself. If I am driving to my mailbox, or moving my car in parking structure at 5mph, or even 50 miles away from another human being and in no possible danger of a crash, -I- will choose if I want to wear my seatbelt.

On previous vehicles I was able to disable the BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG noise with minimal effort, but so far my 2013 Taco has defeated me. I have seen some good posts in my searches but so far none of the tricks with odo switch have worked. I don't like the seatbelt plug blanks because it's a pita to remove those every time you want to put on seat belt and I want the car to function as normal without the nanny bong. Unplugging any of the wire harnesses seem to disable the side airbags or result in warning lights on the dash. I will ask/beg my dealer to turn it off if they can, but if they won't, does anyone have another method to remove this? I have an ultragauge but haven't found a way to interface with the system settings.

I don't want to remove the bonger, but I will if I have to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4wqIMxXtE8
Old 03-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Has to be done with the software. You can buy it on fleabay with the OBD2 usb cable.

edit: Techstream is the name of the software. I belive the current version is v7.x On an older version of it you could also program the keys.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Has to be done with the software. You can buy it on fleabay with the OBD2 usb cable.

edit: Techstream is the name of the software. I belive the current version is v7.x On an older version of it you could also program the keys.
Ok, it's worth it to de-nanny if I can't sweet talk the dealer into doing this for me.

This work?
Attached Thumbnails
Hmmm.. the ultimate way to get rid of annoying seat belt bong?-photo.jpg  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Ok, it's worth it to de-nanny if I can't sweet talk the dealer into doing this for me.

This work?
That looks like it. That was my understanding from everything I read on the subject. You can pretty much do what you want with the truck with that package.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Rabid Conservative

Quote:
That looks like it. That was my understanding from everything I read on the subject. You can pretty much do what you want with the truck with that package.
Thanks medic!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Idk about 13's, but on my 11 there was a plug on the seat that disables it when unplugged. There is a writeup somewhere on here with pics on how to do it. And it just disables it on my side, not my passenger's which is nice. I really only wear my seatbelt at speeds above 45, the speed limit here in town is 25 so I just never put it on when going around town.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
jage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to all
jage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Idk about 13's, but on my 11 there was a plug on the seat that disables it when unplugged.
Are you sure you didn't also disable the airbag? Basically you made the truck think you're never sitting in the seat, so it's possible the seatbelt retractor won't fire, which (on my Ford and Jeep anyway) makes the airbag not fire. Not sure about Toyota on this.

Seems like it might be better to bridge the belt plugged-in sensor, but Lord knows what that will fubar with the computer or if you want an airbag in your face without a seatbelt.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Thanks medic!
Welcome buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Idk about 13's, but on my 11 there was a plug on the seat that disables it when unplugged. There is a writeup somewhere on here with pics on how to do it. And it just disables it on my side, not my passenger's which is nice. I really only wear my seatbelt at speeds above 45, the speed limit here in town is 25 so I just never put it on when going around town.
2011 is the year you started needing the software to disable seatbelt chime. The mod sequence worked on 05-10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
Are you sure you didn't also disable the airbag? Basically you made the truck think you're never sitting in the seat, so it's possible the seatbelt retractor won't fire, which (on my Ford and Jeep anyway) makes the airbag not fire. Not sure about Toyota on this.

Seems like it might be better to bridge the belt plugged-in sensor, but Lord knows what that will fubar with the computer or if you want an airbag in your face without a seatbelt.
^^^This
Old 03-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Give it a few seconds it goes away.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #10
jage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to all
jage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The mod sequence worked on 05-10.
Wait, what's "the mod sequence"... search turned up this. You might have saved me buying a Techstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post

-KEEP YOUR FOOT OFF THE BRAKES THROUGH ENTIRE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
-get in truck and shut the door.
-turn key on and get your insterment panel on ODO and turn key off.
-turn key back on, as soon as u do that press reset knob.
-hold reset knob for 12_15 seconds and fasten seat belt.
-xxxx miles should turn to b_on.
-release and press one time, it should say b_off.
-wait for it to reset back to miles and turn key off.

=seat belt chime should be turned off.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #11
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to the dealer and tell them you want it disabled. Had them do it when they were installing the SC. Dings for a few seconds now when I first start up then never hear it again.