Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spring Pack for you heavy guys

Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #21
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
at that price I would go with Dakars.. very progressive.. so they ride nice, but can handle weight very well too. and are cheaper than that.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOJim View Post
I called them back and this time they checked with their engineer and said they will fit a 2 wheel drive TRD OR. List price is $665.95.
Whoa... at $665, they can go pound sand. They're in custom leaf pack cost territory with that price. I'd go with a full leaf pack long before I shelled out that kind of money for a beefed up AAL.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #23
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
from the link: " Tom’s Tacoma was sagging with a loaded camper. Keep in mind that Tom’s Four Wheel Camper has all the bells and whistles including extra water and fuel tanks attached to the back of the camper. Those heavy fluids on the rear of the camper become a leverage point moving the center of gravity back and making the truck sag even more."

The weight on the rear of the camper would not make the tongue weigh heavier, would it?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Taco View Post
Note, the 10 leaves are shipped bolted together. Also see the 4 U bolts in the pic? Thats the whole kit.

I'm retarded...
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #25
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOJim View Post
I called them back and this time they checked with their engineer and said they will fit a 2 wheel drive TRD OR. List price is $665.95.
A pair of OME Dakar replacement springs is $395. If they want anything near $665, that better be a very special AAL kit.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
thats a crazy leaf pack. i load my truck up quite a bit but i would never use those. like some said would probably ride like shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I'm retarded...
I think we all(at least the ones who have been here lone enough) know you have your moments, like changing your oil......

I have my moments as well.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #27
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I have my moments as well.
ain't that the truth.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #28
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
ain't that the truth.
HEY! at least I have never claimed to be the smartest person around.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #29
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
HEY! at least I have never claimed to be the smartest person around.
true
everybody would know you were lying if you did.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #30
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
from the link: " Tomís Tacoma was sagging with a loaded camper. Keep in mind that Tomís Four Wheel Camper has all the bells and whistles including extra water and fuel tanks attached to the back of the camper. Those heavy fluids on the rear of the camper become a leverage point moving the center of gravity back and making the truck sag even more."

The weight on the rear of the camper would not make the tongue weigh heavier, would it?
I don't understand your question. It's a slide-in bed camper, with a lot of weight at the back end of it.

If a trailer was involved, its tongue weight wouldn't be affected by whatever was in the bed of the truck, but the truck's load carrying capacity would be affected by a trailer's tongue weight.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #31
Mr.Gadget is on a distinguished road

Mr.Gadget's Tacoma Gallery
Would be cool to see that same truck with the camper and with out.
By adding the extra leaves you will add a fixed 1-2" of lift to the rear just in the thickness of the spring pack.

If you look at the picture befor he had stock shocks, now som aftermarket shocks.
I bet that he added a lift to the truck they are not talking about to the front.
If not unload the camper and the back with be sticking up like a ski jump.

Really need to see al the facts, but who knows.
I needed something was getting the crap beat out of me just towing mu ATV it was always hitting the bump stops, I went to air bags and they work great.
Just did not want to spend the $ to do the full system with the tank and compresser.
The back sits a little higher if I do not back of and refill every time but I just live with it in the hunting season. Other then that just keep 8-10 psi in them then adjust as needed.
Hunting season I run 28-30 or so....
Old 03-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #32
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I don't understand your question. It's a slide-in bed camper, with a lot of weight at the back end of it.

If a trailer was involved, its tongue weight wouldn't be affected by whatever was in the bed of the truck, but the truck's load carrying capacity would be affected by a trailer's tongue weight.
oh, i forgot that those were called campers to, i was thinking he had a trailer
Old 03-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #33
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
oh, i forgot that those were called campers to, i was thinking he had a trailer
Yep, even something that tiny is still a camper.
I wasn't sure if I was missing something.