1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tow package help asap (@dealer right now)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by V5ioV, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Mar 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    V5ioV

V5ioV [OP] My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    Im taking delivery of the truck right now (2013 BC V6 TRD OR).... after waiting 8 weeks the truck is here.... problem is they effed up and didnt order it with the V6 OR tow package..... like it was agreed upon at the time we closed the deal
    From what i understand from reading in TW, its not something that can be ordered and just installed at the dealer...it involves a heavier duty battery and alternator and sensors for the trailer sway control.... not worry about the the tranny and oil cooler cuz its a 6speed.
    Im mainly concerned about the sway control.... they're telling they can install the class IV hitch with the 7pin conector w converter and that the sway controll its just harnessed right into computer.... thanks in advace for any feedback

2. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    Gincoma

Gincoma Special Edition Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City UT
    Vehicle:
    RIPieces 2005 Tacoma, adios 2011 :'(
    Factory Monster Truck Package with reverse gear.
    dont take it it wont have all the upgraded parts on the tow package if they were to install the hitch....get the tow package its worth all the upgrades that comes with it IMO

3. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    Tacoma0Josh

Tacoma0Josh Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Colony, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2013 Reg Cab 4x4
    3" spacer lift, with procomp 16"s and 32.5" kelly safaris
    Dont buy it, if your ordering a truck get exactly what you want. Dont pay for their screw up.

4. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Why are you not worried about the oil cooler and tranny cooler? Those, along with the heavy duty alt, are about the only parts of the tow package that matter.

They had better either reduce your price or give you the truck the buyer's order describes.

5. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    I wouldnt have taken it... its not what you ordered..

6. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    Manuals dont come with at all anyhow

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  7. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    The tranny cooler no, but the oil cooler.

8. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    western88

western88 Chris b.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    ny countryside
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4 taco Barclona Red
    beather mod Bugsheild backup light mod egr vent
    walk off the dealer for the goof. it not the truck you wanted

9. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    They trying to take $ off to make me take it.......lol its gonna have to be thousands for that to happened...

I TOLD THEM we have 2 options..... 1 scratch the deal or 2 re-order it and get me what i was promised.

10. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    Redeemed

Redeemed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 with a "TRD Off-Road" sticker
    Good.

11. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    I would definitely have them either find another truck or find another customer.

12. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    majorhavok

majorhavok Rabid Conservative

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike in Cali..
    Peoples Republic of Caulifournia
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DoubleCab 4x4
    Ultragauge, ImMrYo mirror, Tailgate lock, Snugtop Rebel Shell.
    Yep, there is a lot of substitutions that come with that $650 package. Good move on not taking it.. Even if you never REALLY needed it, it probably would have bugged you. If you wanted something specific, don't settle for less.

13. Mar 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    I dont want to go to another dealer because i tried before and this guys at least order it for me....a handfull of other dealers didnt even mention to me that it can be special order or wouldnt work out a deal other than MSRP because it was special order.... the configuration i want its not anything special but NOT available in the east coast.....
    They re order it for me but there are a few in production this time, where the last time they actually had to put the order to be built... so 4 to 6 six weeks max this time..so they say.... and not that its a problem but i also had given them 5k so i just want my truck and dont want to start all over with the process again...

Thanks to all of you that came tru w feed back.... so glad i took my tablet with me...

14. Mar 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    so close….. SMH
    IMAG0983_zpsd3a6bd2a_b51961492d7bf34243f0753a59e9d703aaaf17fe.jpg
    IMAG0984_zps09d79943_110455d116a7a115e8866b6e0b0464681f2ca546.jpg
    IMAG0982_zps3ea62a3d_878566532b8fc6eb736c387bcfb08d8c27b7d543.jpg

15. Mar 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    They owe you about $650 for tow package you didn't get. your missing all kinds of stuff including the brake wiring harness, bigger alternator, oil coolers, battery, far better hitch, 7 pin rear connector just to name as few.

16. Mar 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    no, i didnt get it!!! re-ordered

17. Mar 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    my dealer got mine in 4 days....why it take you 2 months. mayeb you should talk to them. i bought 2 trucks this week and one 3 years ago. if you need a good dealer, it may be worth the ride

18. Mar 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    make sure you check the vin. check it with the new one. hope the dealer isnt crooked and just slap a tow hitch on there and wiring harness and keep it around back/out of sight and call you in days/weeks saying your truck is here and ready. Maybe they will give you a decent discount like free paper work or something for making a screw up.

19. Mar 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    MGM TRD OR DC 6speed no one has it….. i called about 15 dealer and also called Toyota corp directly…
    although there is nothing special about it…it is produced for the west coast only… trust me i tried getting it faster!!!

20. Mar 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders

im sure you did. are they going to discount for your troubles?

Products Discussed in

To Top