1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ANY VINYL/PLASTIC SURGEONS IN THE HOUSE?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Crawdaddy, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Mar 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy [OP] Apprehended by the TRUTH

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 4 cyl. 4x4 "Plain Jane" stock like old men drive
    Secure tailgate, Cobra 29, Firestick, Cree LED back-em up lights, Front LED's,In toolbox inverter, Bed mounted Jerry, Hardwired mounted Stream Light, CCW Holster, Weather tech mats, K&N filter, Wet Okole, Powder coat tool box, LE vertical LOCKED riot shotgun rack,
    Anybody found some really neat way to repair the stock fender flares after running through the jungle? I found some pretty good scratches in mine and rather than just lettin it go....I was thinkin maybe a heat gun on low.....lacquer thinner stroked on lightly. Just anything to sorta melt the plastic back together and then rub some conditioner on 'em. Someone told me a long time ago...."its ok if you mess something up...IF you can be like a cat and hide/cover up your s____" Thanks

2. Mar 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    bubba353z

bubba353z Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Former owner of a 12 TRD Sport AC 4x4
    I'd leave them alone - chances are you'll make them worse by trying to "fix" them. Wear them as a badge of honor, or pony up the $ to replace them properly.

3. Mar 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    clc clc

clc clc Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 reg cab tacoma/2020 subaru crosstrek
    lol we might have the same truck and same problems. Although mine might be a bit worse as it also covers the foglight area as well. Best I could come up with is to use the heat gun on the deeper scratches and take sand paper and tap it, not rub/scratch it, to blend it in. Not sure what to do with a bunch of light scratches.

4. Mar 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    dboz

dboz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Access Literider Tonneau, GO RHINO Dominator II side steps
    Bed liner spray.

5. Mar 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM
    Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy [OP] Apprehended by the TRUTH

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 4 cyl. 4x4 "Plain Jane" stock like old men drive
    Secure tailgate, Cobra 29, Firestick, Cree LED back-em up lights, Front LED's,In toolbox inverter, Bed mounted Jerry, Hardwired mounted Stream Light, CCW Holster, Weather tech mats, K&N filter, Wet Okole, Powder coat tool box, LE vertical LOCKED riot shotgun rack,
    Bubba, I shall heed to your advice. Though again I don't like the truth. clc, another trait that I have is that I am a tightwad. I won't spring for the new flares....I didn't even spring for the foglights! My wife was ashamed to have to roll up the windows....she wanted electric. dboz, I will experiment with the bedliner stuff. That may be an angle on. Thanks guys, I knew I could find WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING here. clc, one thing that I have invested in, is several cans of scotchgard for the bench seat. If you look at one spot too long, it will stain. :-}

Products Discussed in

To Top