Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Going from 16x7 Factory Rims to 16x8?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Going from 16x7 Factory Rims to 16x8?

Going from 16x7 Factory Rims to 16x8? Is there a noticeable change? Will it be an issue? I have 265/75/16 BFG All Terrains on the way. Will they mount up to a 16x8 and run the same as my factory rims without an issue?

Also, does anybody run these?
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Se...n=PXA5001-6883
Old 03-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Well with a rim you included it has a 0 offset and 4.5 backspacing so it will stick out a slight bit more giving your truck 'imo' a better stance and some say better handling. You should clear the caliper fine with those rims. and with the 265's they are slightly bigger so you may have slight trimming to do, but it should be no problem at all! Good luck

Those rims look sweet btw
Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
check this out. this guy has those same rims and 265 duratracs with a small lift. they look awesome.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ed-2013-a.html
Old 03-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Taco View Post
Going from 16x7 Factory Rims to 16x8? Is there a noticeable change? Will it be an issue? I have 265/75/16 BFG All Terrains on the way. Will they mount up to a 16x8 and run the same as my factory rims without an issue?

Also, does anybody run these?
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Se...n=PXA5001-6883
You will have to loose front mudflaps, otherwise no issues. I have same size 265/75/16 all terrain tires and same specs 16x8, 4.5bs wheels. You may or may not have to bend the end piece of the fender flare inward.

Before:

No mud flaps:

Old 03-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Great info from both of you. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Taco View Post
Great info from both of you. Thank you!
Check out my build...I have the same spec wheels as you...no rubbing with 70 series tires...plenty of room...

Perfect even at full flex while Offroad..

Old 03-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Check out my build...I have the same spec wheels as you...no rubbing with 70 series tires...plenty of room...

Perfect even at full flex while Offroad..

Nice truck!

Did it rub with front mud flaps on with those 265/70/16's and 16x8 4.5 wheels or you just go rid of them for looks?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Nice truck!

Did it rub with front mud flaps on with those 265/70/16's and 16x8 4.5 wheels or you just go rid of them for looks?
They would not rub, I did in fact remove then for looks.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #9

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
They would not rub, I did in fact remove then for looks.
Thanks, thats good to know. I always wondered if I would be able to put mudflaps back on if I decide to go back to 265/70/16 next time around.

So OP, with 16x8, 4.5bs 0 offset wheels & no lift:

265/70/16 you are good!
265/75/16 you will loose front flaps.

I think sockmonkey has (or had) 265/70/16 tires with AR Mojave 16x8 wheels if you want even more pics.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #10
Member Caught Off Road

More pics for you to see them at flex...while tucked in the wheel wells, the 75 series would rub the inner fender...where these do not..

Products Discussed in this Thread