Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket Hub Bearing Assembly

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket Hub Bearing Assembly

Does anybody have a good recommendation on what hub bearing assembly to buy? My Front Driver's side needs replacement

I usually like to buy oem parts, but from what I read, it seems as if they sell bearings and you have to get them pressed in and out? so I figured aftermarket is the way to go, especially since this seems to be such a common problem on these trucks, leading me to think oem is crap.

this one had a bad review about fitment
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...rm=hub+bearing

napa?
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...437_0291655330

timken from autozone?
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...requestid=3585

what do you guys recommend? or any other ones?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
I got the cheapest set I could find on ebay. I then took them apart-very easy- and packed them full of good synthetic bearing grease. Replace all of the seals and your good to go. 10,000 miles later I'm still good. ---I only put about 5k on my truck a year anymore. But a good portion of those miles are to hunting and fishing spots ie mud, sand, water.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
i was under the impression, that if I buy a whole assembly it should be good to go with the exception of adding more grease? do I still have to replace any seals? am I retarded?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LOL, no your not retarded. The outer and inner seals seal up the bearings against water, dirt and grime. They are cheap to replace. When I did mine my inner seal was somehow tore and why my bearing went bad. I tried to find an image to show it all broken down on google, but failed lol.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,1860
Old 03-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #5

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
i guess wherever i get the bearing i will ask them for the seals as well,

thanks frontsight, also can you take a look at the autozone link, and tell me if the "module" is the same thing as the "bearing assembly"?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
i guess wherever i get the bearing i will ask them for the seals as well,

thanks frontsight, also can you take a look at the autozone link, and tell me if the "module" is the same thing as the "bearing assembly"?
You got it, thats it.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #7

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
You got it, thats it.
sorry were u saying the seal is all i need, that's it?

or is the module is same part as the hub assembly, that's it?

thanks again
Old 03-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
You're going to need the bearing assembly and then the outer and inner seal for both sides. The autozone link showed the bearing assembly.

Products Discussed in this Thread