1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keyless entry keypad?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hardcorehehaw, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Feb 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    Hardcorehehaw

Hardcorehehaw [OP] 1 man wolf pack

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray PreRunner
    Debadged, 20" Liquid Metal Magmas, Yokohama Parada Spec x 285/50/20, Llumar clear bra, Fold-A-Cover G4, Weathertech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, JBS technologies keyless entry keypad.
    Me too, which is why I had to have this. :)

2. Feb 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    I am all ears for your review. When I decided I wanted a truck, I looked at the F150's mostly because it had keyless entry. Then I smartened up :D
    I like to camp, hick, ride dirtbikes, etc. I would not use it EVERY TIME but would definitely like to use it on occasion.

I probably would be discrete about entering the pin...but I would take that sacrafice. I ALWAYS cover my hand when entering my PIN at the ATM. It doesn't bother me and I am eliminating the risk.

:anonymous: It is definitely safer than hiding the key in my gas door like I usually do!

3. Mar 1, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    Hardcorehehaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, 20" Liquid Metal Magmas, Yokohama Parada Spec x 285/50/20, Llumar clear bra, Fold-A-Cover G4, Weathertech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, JBS technologies keyless entry keypad.
  4. Mar 1, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Why not just find a recently junked Ford and rip the keypad and wiring off it??? Then throw it on the Tacoma....I mean it's not gonna be easy to do but it'll be literally the same as Ford's keyless entry pad. Just a thought.

Just my .02 but I love the pad, it's great to actually have the ability to throw your keys in say the glove box and lock the car then come back, hop in, and never have to worry about losing your keys again. Greatest piece of car tech made in my short (in a long time to be long) life. I seriously miss it when I'm not driving the Exped. (it's really good when you are washing the thing and just throw everything in there, lock it and come back for it when you're done washing it)

But yea, see what it would take to do my idea...that would be awesome to do!

5. Mar 2, 2009 at 6:35 AM
    Hardcorehehaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    I believe the keypads on the Ford's are hardwired which would require drilling and running wires to the keypad itself.
    When my battery died on my F-150, I went to the keypad to enter my code and it did not work. Obviously the power locks wouldn't work anyway, but normally the keypad lights up when you push a button and it didn't that time. So I'm assuming it gets its power from the vehicle's battery.

6. Mar 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    I would assume but look on the bright side, if you spend the time hard wiring it in then you get a better thing in the end. You can always take one form an 05 Expedition and cut holes in the door itself to mount the buttons in form behind which would look great IMO. But the work might outweigh the outcome unless you're gonna have teh truck for 12 year and use it every single day.
    Still a cool mod though. Maybe a shop would do it for you?

7. Mar 3, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    My sisters escape didn't come with one so she bought one off Ebay that works off the vehicles remote. Punch in the code and it sends the signal via wireless entry to open it. No wiring required.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Mar 3, 2009 at 1:08 PM
    Hardcorehehaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    The OEM Ford ones that you see on eBay only work with Ford vehicles. They utilize the factory keyless entry system where as the one I bought is universal and has it's own separate receiver.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Mar 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    To hell with you hose monkey!

Nah I'm just kidding. Didn't think about that. :p

10. Mar 3, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    ballon78

ballon78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amesbury, MA
    Vehicle:
    06 CC SR5 TRD
    how about mounting it , in he bed in one of the compartments as a back up if you lock your keys in or, say go surfing, or somewhere where u dont want to carry keys. Nobody would know that it was there!!

11. Mar 3, 2009 at 2:36 PM
    Hardcorehehaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    The bed compartments will work great, however I'm getting a locking tonneau cover so that's not an option for me. I did take some pics of it mounted in the different compartments and will post it up on the review page as soon as I can log back into my photbucket account. I got locked out for entering the wrong password too many times. Damn all these internet sites! I really do try to keep them all the same password but it never works out that way.

Products Discussed in

To Top