LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Keyless entry keypad?

Old 02-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Keyless entry keypad?

I used to have an F-150 with a keyless entry keypad on the door and it was by far my favorite feature on the truck.

After a quick search on ebay, I found this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wirel...spagenameZWDVW

For only $30 it may be worth a shot. What do you all think?
Only one problem.. I made a habit out of locking my keys in my truck so I didn't have to carry them. It was not an issue before because the OEM Ford keypads work off the vehicle's battery where as this one is completely wireless and if the battery dies you're screwed.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah greatest piece of junk ever put on a vehicle. JMHO but keyless entry is dumb to have. Someone could easily watch you punch in the numbers and then grab all your stuff. I always give my friend a bad time about the fact that he leaves his keys in his pocket and goes in and out of his Exploder with the keyless while everyone is standing around watching.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4x4ar3 View Post
Yeah greatest piece of junk ever put on a vehicle. JMHO but keyless entry is dumb to have. Someone could easily watch you punch in the numbers and then grab all your stuff. I always give my friend a bad time about the fact that he leaves his keys in his pocket and goes in and out of his Exploder with the keyless while everyone is standing around watching.
If you're worried about that I can't imagine how cautiously you enter your pin number at an ATM machine. Especially with how many satellites are in the sky these days.... speaking of which it's probably time to put my tin foil hat back on....
Old 02-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed....

I wanna see where this goes
Old 02-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
how about you send me 30 bucks and I will come over and kick you in the balls, are you really going to cut a hole in your door for some stupid ass key pad, is it that hard to push the button on your remote lol.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
camsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura about

camsbored's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it requires a hole in the door, based on the listing mentioning an install in 15 minutes and that the keypad has it's own battery. If it works and doesn't fall off it could be a good idea for $30.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
how about you send me 30 bucks and I will come over and kick you in the balls, are you really going to cut a hole in your door for some stupid ass key pad, is it that hard to push the button on your remote.
Great constructive response...

If it was supposed to be funny, add a smiley to it and if that's your honest opinion keep it to yourself.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #9
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
how about you send me 30 bucks and I will come over and kick you in the balls, are you really going to cut a hole in your door for some stupid ass key pad, is it that hard to push the button on your remote.
Go back to TTORA asshole
Old 02-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
CAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really nice

CAdiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Why mount it on the door, you may be able to mount it in a more discreet location?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed as well! Hell I'd love to have keyless entry for trips and whatever! We got locked out of my friends truck after surfing till the sun went down and had to call AAA and wait like 2 hours till a tow truck came. BTW we were freezing in wetsuits!!! SUCKED. Almost broke the middle window in his Titan to get the keys
Old 02-12-2009, 06:27 AM   #12
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Great constructive response...

If it was supposed to be funny, add a smiley to it and if that's your honest opinion keep it to yourself.
it was supposed to be funny, don't want to piss anyone off, my wife has the keypad on her exploder and it is hit and miss, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You buy that on ebay for 30 bucks and you get what you pay for, if i was looking for something like that i would not buy it on ebay, who knows how many times you will screw yourself by getting stuck outside your car.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #13
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
interesting. try it out and let us know. it would be sweet to mount in a cabinet in the bed so its really discreet.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #14
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
when i go surfing i always take a spare key and have that attached to my wetsuit.. but it sure would be nice not to have to worry about it at all.. I dunno about the 3m tape though.. maybe place it inside the bed cubby hole..? (At least for the use id use it for, the cubby hole would work fine for me..)

But i dunno.. id just worry it would be somehow easy to crack considering its only 30 bucks and takes 15 mins to install.....
Old 02-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #15
1 man wolf pack

Firefighter:
I found a PDF of the installation instructions and FWIW it looks like it will take much longer than 15 mins to install.

Why would the price of it make it easier to crack?
It uses a 5 digit pin code just like the OEM Ford ones.
It's not like there is a master password that will unlock them all.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #16
1 man wolf pack

Firefighter:
Well I bought the keypad yesterday and it's been shipped. I'm gonna try to install it sometime next week when I do my fold-a-cover.
I'll be sure to post a review when I get it done.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #18
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
sounds nifty let us know
Old 02-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #19
Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in
Buzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud of

Buzzoff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAdiveTaco View Post
Why mount it on the door, you may be able to mount it in a more discreet location?

x2

Wouldn't put it on my door, but if it could be placed somewhere discreet I would be interested.

When I go to the gym, and especially when I go jogging in the park, I hate carrying my keys. Usually I just lock the truck and hide the keys in the bed. Definitely keep us updated!!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #20
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have an Explorer with the keypad. It was a really good feature. Even though I had a keyless entry remote I found myself using the key pad more than the keyless entry remote.