1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should I sell my stock parts ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KJaikaran, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Mar 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    Looking for some opinions if you think its a good or bad idea to get rid of stock parts, and what would be some fair prices to sell them at if i decide to get rid of them.

I have always kept my stock parts from previous vehicles, but i always ended up selling or trading in vehicles the way they were and was left with a bunch of stock parts that I ended up selling on forums anyways for really low prices just to get rid of them.

All the parts i have as of now have 18k miles on them and they are off a 2011 DCSB Sport 2WD.

Front UCA
    Front/Rear Bilstein Shocks
    Non tsb leaf pack

The only thing i would probably pull off if i got rid of the truck would be wheels/tires and head unit.

2. Mar 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I got $125 for my stock Bilstein sport shocks that had 19k on them. Sold my factory wheels and tires for $580 at just under 10k w/o the tps.

Helped justify spending the money on mods for me. I knew I'd wouldn't put the shocks back on since I can set them to stock height if needed/wanted, kinda hated letting the wheels go but that was quite a bit of dough.

I'm keeping my stock air box though. Not sure about leaving the CAI on it yet.
    Of course I plan to keep this truck for a long time also which helps make it easier to let the stuff go. If I planned to trade or sell I'd rather have the stock parts.

So imo it depends on your views. Nobody on here can really answer that for you.

3. Mar 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    bubba353z

bubba353z Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Former owner of a 12 TRD Sport AC 4x4
    If you know you won't be putting the truck back to stock, I'd say sell. Any doubt, keep them until the doubt is gone - probably will cost you more to buy it all back later...

4. Mar 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    I have thought about this issue also, I could get some money for my stock parts, but I decided I will keep them in case I sell my truck in the future all I would have to do is swap the stock stuff back on and sell the lift spring ucas etc etc.
    I mean the stock to me crappy lift components. My truck would still have a 3 inch on it if I did have to swap out later but just a more crappy lift.

That's my vote keep the stuff, ya never know what will happen in the future.

Brett

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  5. Mar 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    P9HST2

P9HST2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM AC TRD OR
    WeatherTech floor liners, tailgate hoseclamp, Famous Fab sliders, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Icon "3T" suspension.
    I now have my stock shocks, coilovers, and UCAs from my 2012 sitting in my garage with only 2500 miles on them. I think I'll just keep them for the time being. The new suspension is awesome and I plan on keeping the truck, but you never know what the future holds, so all doubt is not gone. ;)

6. Mar 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    ^x2 that's exactly the way I figure it.

Brett

7. Mar 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    92dlxman

92dlxman drinking whats on sale

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 access 4x4 4.0 6-gear
    5100s, ome884s, wheelers aal kit, and some rustoleum
    i would get rid of the stock shocks. not many people want stock arms i dont think, but some of us base/sr5 model guys would like the bilstiens if the price was right. that is if we aren/t already or planing to upgrade

the leaf-pack would also sell as many people break theirs and may want a no lift replacement. you would never want to consider throwing that junk back on even if you returned to stock

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  8. Mar 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    I plan on keeping my Tacoma forever, so for me the main things I'd be willing to get rid of if I upgraded would just be shocks and leafs. Everything else could probably be used as a spare just in case. Generally speaking stock stuff doesn't sell for THAT much, so it makes more since to keep most of it if it can be used as a spare.

Only reason I'd keep stock suspension stuff is if I had coilovers (with no lift) and wanted a spare set to put on if I sent them off for a rebuild.

Products Discussed in

To Top