Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneau covers

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #21
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Access LiteRider for $280 from Truck Alterations. Great fit and finish and clean mounting design under bed rails.

http://www.truckalterations.com/html/tacomaworld.html

I'm really happy with mine.
Ditto
Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #22
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlygoalie View Post
does anyone have any insight into this:
http://www.amazon.com/Pace-Edwards-T...+tonneau+cover

thinking its a good combo between hard cover and soft. I should be ablet to fit my bike in the back with it at an angle

I have that cover on my Ridgeline BUT that PRICE IS WAY TO CHEAP...definetely do your homework.....
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #23
Merchantmarine is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Merchantmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Trifecta all the way made in USA comes on and off easy and folds up neat for bed access. You can find them on CL I see them all the time. I bought mine in Coloraldo Springs. I did a quick CL search for you and there are a shit ton of them. I really like the Trifecta and you will find a lot of guys in here who agree. Can send pics of mine if you want.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #25
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post
yea ive been looking at these too. the price seems sketchy tho....ive seen other retractable covers near 1000 and as much as 2000.
That price is just the set of side rails only, you are not pricing the actual top and canister here.

Pace Edwards Jackrabbit
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post
yea i saw tht. but y picture the whole cover??? y not just picture the rails???

SALES SALES SALES.....

If this dam rain would STOP I might get pix BUT it is on the Ridgeline not my Tacoma...
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #28
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the JackRabbit and the Full Metal one are both around 1500-2400 CAD. I payed 1800$ for my Fullmetal Jackrabbit installed. Rails are ~$300 and the cover is around $1360.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #29
scuba fanatic
kn61408 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: E7 retired
kn61408's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Extang Express tonneau cover and I love it. Rolls up to a 6inch roll and fastens securely. Had to modify the rails a little to accommodate the tiedowns but was easy. About $385 at Autoanything.com and free shipping. Also has auto tensioning. Did the tonneau security mod found here on the forum. Simply a t-nut in the rear rail slot with an eyebolt. Used a figure nine carabiner and paracord to tie down to the d-rings in the rear corners of the bed.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #30
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn61408 View Post
I have an Extang Express tonneau cover and I love it. Rolls up to a 6inch roll and fastens securely. Had to modify the rails a little to accommodate the tiedowns but was easy. About $385 at Autoanything.com and free shipping. Also has auto tensioning. Did the tonneau security mod found here on the forum. Simply a t-nut in the rear rail slot with an eyebolt. Used a figure nine carabiner and paracord to tie down to the d-rings in the rear corners of the bed.
1) How did you modify for the tiedowns?
2) Does this cover still come with those rubber flaps at the front and back, or have they replaced them with the tube-type seal?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #31
Fms is on a distinguished road
Fms's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased and installers a undercover flex. We had 1.5 inches of hard rain overnight and it leaked very little. Truck was setting level. I had golf clubs, etc. in bed and nothing got wet. I could probably seal it better but not necessary. Appears to be well built with quality parts. Should last long time.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #32
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fms View Post
I just purchased and installers a undercover flex. We had 1.5 inches of hard rain overnight and it leaked very little. Truck was setting level. I had golf clubs, etc. in bed and nothing got wet. I could probably seal it better but not necessary. Appears to be well built with quality parts. Should last long time.
Do you happen to have any pictures of the tonneau cover sitting on the rails? I am thinking about getting one but now I am just wondering how much leaking there is? Any other info that you can give me would be great, thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #33
legga400 is on a distinguished road
legga400's Tacoma Gallery
Access Tonneau is where it's at.. I love mine on my 2012 DCLB. Adjustable tension and can be taken on or off from one side of the cab by one person. water tight as well if you pay attention to the foam when installing.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #34
grizzlygoalie is on a distinguished road
grizzlygoalie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Access LiteRider for $280 from Truck Alterations. Great fit and finish and clean mounting design under bed rails.

http://www.truckalterations.com/html/tacomaworld.html

I'm really happy with mine. Had Truxedo LoPro Qt before and did not like that one at all.
what are the different modles of the access? I can't seem to really tell the difference.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #35
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlygoalie View Post
what are the different modles of the access? I can't seem to really tell the difference.
Access has a line of low profile covers and a line of regular "increased capacity" covers.

Here is a comparison chart for you. Hope that helps.

Products Discussed in this Thread