Notices

Rust under my Taco

Old 03-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
forcefedsupra is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dustin
forcefedsupra's Tacoma Gallery
Rust under my Taco

I just bought my '09 Taco from Massachusetts and I live in Oklahoma. I figured this would be an issue and I was right. There are a lot of small points of rust in a lot of spots on the truck. None of it looks bad but I want to get rid of it and prevent it from getting worse. I'm going to attack it with wire brushes and rust dissolver. Are there any suggestions on anything else I can do to get rid of it and keep it away?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Fluid Film or POR-15 come to mind.

http://www.fluid-film.com/

http://www.por15.com/
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
I have a brand new one and decided to go the preventative route this time. My last truck (ford) had a solid rust layer underneath, so I have already hit a couple rust spots on the drive shaft with black "rust tough" rust reformer. I have seen that stuff do a great job of perm stopping/sealing rust.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
POR-15 Is a great product. I Frequent the Jeep Forums frequently and you know how bad Jeeps Rust. Every Frame Off Restoration I see done over there they use POR-15.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
forcefedsupra is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dustin
forcefedsupra's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to have to remove some pieces to sand blast and powdercoat. The rust has worked it's way under the paint. Even two of the wheels have bubbled the paint from corrosion!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Rust Bullet