Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Turn signal light issue, stays on, solid

Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
wmgibble is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
wmgibble's Tacoma Gallery
Turn signal light issue, stays on, solid

Can anyone help? No sure if I have an electrical gremlin or not... Without my headlights on, turn signals work fine. When I turn my headlights on, my left rear turn signal light stays on solid, both the indicator in the cab and the left rear turn signal bulb. When I use the left signal it does flash but stays on solid after I turn it off or the turn has been made. No issue with the right side and all other lights seem to be working fine. Has anyone encountered anything like this before? My first thought was the fuse box but the lights are working.... Possibly a relay... Or... Electrical gremlin? Of course Toyota just wants me to make an appointment and pay them
Old 03-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe bad relay, sounds like it's getting a constant hot.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
wmgibble is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
wmgibble's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, after chasing my tail today, and switching/replacing bulbs...the problem remains but it appears to be the power for the running/ turn signal bulb. The turn signals have 2 filaments, one for turn and the other for running lights. The left front running light on the passenger side is not working, I tried swapping out the left bulb to see if it was the filament, but it wasn't, both bulbs work fine on the right side, but the problem remains as described in the first tread... When lights/ and or running lights are on the left indicator in the cab and left rear turn signal light stay on solid, unless the blinker is on, then the blinker works until the turn is made or I turn it off...then back to solid and so on. Also the four ways do work correctly....any suggestions?