Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Deer at 65mph...

Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
BIGGJERRYC is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
BIGGJERRYC's Tacoma Gallery
Deer at 65mph...

Going to my mom's over the weekend which is 2.5 hours away. 5 mins from her house I was going about 65 on rt 267 in Pa. Deer jumped out from my left. She landed on the pavement at the same time I hit her . Killed her instantly which I feel better about. Wouldn't want her to suffer.

Girlfriend was sleeping, she woke up real fast lol.

Everyone's ok though thankfully

Damage....
Fender
Fender flare
Rad support
Head light
Fog light
Grill
Bumper cover
Possibly the hood is bent
Oil cooler (bent)

I'll post pictures in a few mins. What's your guess on how much the damage is?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
won't give a guesstimite as i don't know jack about that.
but did the airbags deploy?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Steinywi is on a distinguished road
Steinywi's Tacoma Gallery
$3475.00 + 5 days rental car!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
good excuse to get a steel plate bumper
Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #6

Here are some pictures.

No airbags thank god. that would have been hell. I think I god really lucky. I never left my lane, and the deer basically bounced off of the metal components in the front. It flew about 50-60 feet from where I hit it.
Attached Thumbnails
Deer at 65mph...-imag0804.jpg   Deer at 65mph...-imag0805.jpg  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
dang, doesnt look that bad for hitting a deer at 65. I guess nows the time to get a real aftermarket bumper.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks. Good to hear everyone was okay.

Reminds me of my younger stupid days when I nailed Bambi doing 90 mph in a Grand Am lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnttse View Post
dang, doesnt look that bad for hitting a deer at 65. I guess nows the time to get a real aftermarket bumper.
That's what Im saying! I didnt even want to get of my truck and look. It all ran through my head that i had a busted radiator, completely smashed rad support and an endless list of other stuff. Truck did pretty damn well.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGJERRYC View Post
Here are some pictures.

No airbags thank god. that would have been hell. I think I god really lucky. I never left my lane, and the deer basically bounced off of the metal components in the front. It flew about 50-60 feet from where I hit it.
Few more miles an hour it would of went off same exact thing happened to me I hit one at 70-75 mph and they deployed totaling the truck. Thank god your ok cause I do after what happened to me. It wouldnt of been the deer to kill you but the fact the truck leaves the lane into oncoming traffic. Glad you ok.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
Few more miles an hour it would of went off same exact thing happened to me I hit one at 70-75 mph and they deployed totaling the truck. Thank god your ok cause I do after what happened to me. It wouldnt of been the deer to kill you but the fact the truck leaves the lane into oncoming traffic. Glad you ok.
Thanks man. I'm on the same page. As fast as everything happened, I didn't even hit the brakes until after impact, didn't have time. Grateful she wasn't a real big deer too. Who knows, 50 pounds more and it could have set them off. and like you said, that could cause anyone to leave their lane and suffer more serious consequences.

Since I was let off on this one, my main concern now is to try and keep it off of carfax. I have no problem disclosing the incident to a buy or dealer in the future, but if it shows on the carfax, it gonna cause nothing but problems. Especially at a dealer. They will try and kill me on trade value.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, you're looking at at least $5000 in repairs if not more. The plastic bumper alone is $1200. The clips on your lights are probably busted.

Who cares if Bambi suffered? Thing fucked your ride. Goddamn deer. Rats of the highway.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't worry about carfax for such a small accident. I had my side curtain airbags explode on a honda ridgline when I was wheeling, got it taken care of through allstate and when I went to trade it in the carfax came out clean.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
It will start at 5k I'm betting, deer can really fuck a lot of shit up. I've had several close calls, awkwardly I never see deer when I'm driving my plow...Deer like to target shiny expensive things.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #15
Tacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud of
Navy: 2nd class electronic tech.
Name: Bob
Tacologist's Tacoma Gallery
I once heard there are more deer killed in P.A. by vehicles than by hunters. Good you are ok
Old 03-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Glad everone is ok and sorry about your truck OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoMXovAuCKA
Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
Mr.Gadget is on a distinguished road

Mr.Gadget's Tacoma Gallery
Better to use a gun to hunt deer and not a truck.....

Ammo is cheaper.....
Old 03-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Glad everone is ok and sorry about your truck OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoMXovAuCKA

This...

I was dying haha. "I hope your deer babies starve to death"
Old 03-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacologist View Post
I once heard there are more deer killed in P.A. by vehicles than by hunters. Good you are ok
It's true. West Virginia is the only state where you are more likely to hit a deer than in Pennsylvania. Ain't that some sihtt
Old 03-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #20
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
That is unreal. I can't believe the "minimal" damage obtained even thought you were going 65. Glad you're okay though.