Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Window Gun Rack Mod

View Poll Results: How do you like the mod?
Stupid idea 13 16.67%
Its okay 28 35.90%
Like it Alot 37 47.44%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #21
yamahamoto27 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joshua
yamahamoto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahamoto27 View Post
The angle iron itself , it runs one inch from the window all the way up with a 15 degree bend at the bottom , and is firm enough that it didn't need any extra support. Doesnt flex much at all with the gun . I used the thickest angle iron I could find for that size

Sorry 160 degree bend
Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I like it!
this
to the posters saying don't leave your gun in sight, it's perfectly fine for getting from your house to the hunting property.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #23
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
OP!! look at this!!! ….not in the window but this is a very nice and clean set up i seen from another member here….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
I believe its a Santa Cruz system…. If this was nothing more than a dream in my state… this would be the set up I'd go with…
I'm not crazy with the idea that the firearm is going to be right by the window
Old 06-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
Seer will become famous soon enoughSeer will become famous soon enough
Name: Tom
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't want to drill, here's an alternative:
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...FUZxQgodh2IA0w
Old 06-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #25
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
I commend your DIY style, I do. I just vote against it because I think that it is asking for someone to come and try to steal it. If you say you never *ever* leave the car without it, then I guess you're covered, but I can't imagine that is possible.
I agree. Its cool but it invites a theft and subsequently an armed criminal. I have seen it too often. I mean you obviously do not take it out of the rack and carry it with you to go inside a 7-Eleven or a gas station. You leave it behind and 30 seconds is all it takes. Taking it off and putting it in the floor is bad too. I am the most staunch 2nd Ammendment supporter ever and I believe carrying a gun in your car should be legal everywhere but leaving it in your car unattended should be a felony.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #26
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
It's been done before. I don't like it because it leaves the rifle too visible for smash-and-grabs.

And the best rifle for vehicle use is the FS2000. Short length is easy to handle in the cab, and forward-eject means fewer shell casings bouncing around.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #27
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea of having a long gun that I can access from the driver seat - on long trips, in the woods, to questionable areas -- or (a dream come true) a zombie apocalypse....
Attached Thumbnails
Window Gun Rack Mod-bigskyrack.jpg  
Old 06-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #28
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
OP in this day in time I wouldn't broadcast that I have a gun with with me. Call me paranoid but I feel like it's just asking for trouble with theft or someone complaining (although your not breaking the law). IMHO I think it would be a better idea to be a little more incognito but, if you like it go with it. I ride with with mine in arms reach thats all I'm saying. Not exactly my cup of tea but, good work on the actual build!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #29
faststang90 is on a distinguished road

Name: dwayne
faststang90's Tacoma Gallery
now days i would not carry a gun where people can see it because people stealing things.

Products Discussed in this Thread