Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

replacing trd sport suspension

Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
albertataco1 is on a distinguished road
albertataco1's Tacoma Gallery
replacing trd sport suspension

Looking for any ideas for replacing original stock suspension. I do pull some trailors and was thinking about installing some air bags with the new rear end. maybe a small lift? open to all ideas. Truck has 180000 kms and is well maintained.
What about boosting the horse power? K&N air filter system?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I see you have a DCLB , so do I , I went with an OME lift , 885 coils and Dakar leafs

2 1/2" lift front and rear and awesome for loads
Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Like OZ said, the OME lift is a great lift. Those dakars are a good all around leaf pack.

As for boosting HP, the only good option is the TRD supercharger. The factory intake is already a cold air intake so any gains from changing it out are extremely small. Doing lots of little mods, like light weight pulleys, headers, y-pipe, cat-back, intake, maf cal, etc will start to add up, but in the end the TRD S/C will make more power than all of them combined and doesn't cost much more than all of those mods combined.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
albertataco1 is on a distinguished road
albertataco1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the hospitality, and the ideas. Did your lift come as a package? I also have noticed a whining in my engine. Definetely not power steering. How do I check the timing belt?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
The 4.0 engines do not have a timing belt, it has a chain. I would check the idler pulleys, belt tensioner, and belt first they can make some noise and are often the problem, also welcome to TW...
Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
ALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Pete
ALBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey oz where did you get your lift from? And what did you end up paying for it up here? I wanna lift mine a bit but I don't want to go to big and have to start hanging everything out. How big can I high can I go before I need to start changing out everything? I was thinking 2 1/2 to 4 inch
Old 03-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBtacoma View Post
Hey oz where did you get your lift from? And what did you end up paying for it up here? I wanna lift mine a bit but I don't want to go to big and have to start hanging everything out. How big can I high can I go before I need to start changing out everything? I was thinking 2 1/2 to 4 inch
I got the OME stuff at Cap-it and my LR UCA's from Toytec , around $2000 all in IIRC
Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
Canuckwithatruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Ross
Canuckwithatruck's Tacoma Gallery
If you are in the Calgary area I ordered mine through Kyle at Cochrane Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBtacoma View Post
Old 03-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckwithatruck View Post
If you are in the Calgary area I ordered mine through Kyle at Cochrane Toyota.
Also check out OUIPACK for OME stuff in Canada , I didn't know about them till after I bought my kit