Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD fake bead lock max tire size w/ lift?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
kontraB is on a distinguished road
Army:
kontraB's Tacoma Gallery
TRD fake bead lock max tire size w/ lift?

So I am about to pull the trigger on a complete OME lift with 885s and dakars and total chaos UCA. I have the TRD fake beadlock rims and I am wondering what the largest size tire is that i can fit with the lift.

I have searched the forum and found some people say that the rims are 4.5 inch BS and should be able to fit 285/75/16 with the lift without hitting the UCA and some light trimming.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontraB View Post
So I am about to pull the trigger on a complete OME lift with 885s and dakars and total chaos UCA. I have the TRD fake beadlock rims and I am wondering what the largest size tire is that i can fit with the lift.

I have searched the forum and found some people say that the rims are 4.5 inch BS and should be able to fit 285/75/16 with the lift without hitting the UCA and some light trimming.

Can anyone confirm this?
You shouldn't need to trim anything for 285s. I think if you go any bigger you will need to start cutting and trimming.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
You shouldn't need to trim anything for 285s. I think if you go any bigger you will need to start cutting and trimming.
Thats not totally true. Sure you might be able to fit a 285 on the truck for street use only. If you want to use the truck off road 285s will rub a lot without trimming. The wheel well is not really designed for larger tires. To take your tire to full bump you will rub something if the tires are larger then stock.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Thats not totally true. Sure you might be able to fit a 285 on the truck for street use only. If you want to use the truck off road 285s will rub a lot without trimming. The wheel well is not really designed for larger tires. To take your tire to full bump you will rub something if the tires are larger then stock.

I've been through Moab and quite a few trails in Colorado and have never rubbed.

Maybe my Light Racing Upper Control Arms are the reason they've never rubbed, but I would recommend anyone lifting close to 3" invest in UCA's in order to align it properly.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
eAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
eAreEyeSee's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels sit in more so you'll be fine. I have the same wheels and only had only about 2.5" lift and had both 285 Duratrac and 285 BFG A/T's with absolute no rubbing anywhere. I still run the mudflaps too. I used to have MB wheels with the 4.5" backspacing that everybody says you need and they rubbed like a somovabatch.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAreEyeSee View Post
Those wheels sit in more so you'll be fine. I have the same wheels and only had only about 2.5" lift and had both 285 Duratrac and 285 BFG A/T's with absolute no rubbing anywhere. I still run the mudflaps too. I used to have MB wheels with the 4.5" backspacing that everybody says you need and they rubbed like a somovabatch.
Pics?
Old 03-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
eAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
eAreEyeSee's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, no pics of that set up. I developed the vibration problem and didn't like the ride so I have changed it. I'm back to stock height on 265/75-16's with the same wheels.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #8

Here are a couple of poser pics. Nothing too extreme here. I believe both were taken at fins n things.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #9

Old 03-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
You guys had 285/75/16 with the TRD bead lock rims and a 3" lift with UCAs and didn't have any rubbing? I thought you'd have to CMC too.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDub View Post
You guys had 295/75/16 with the TRD bead lock rims and a 3" lift with UCAs and didn't have any rubbing? I thought you'd have to CMC too.

They're actually 285's. No CMC, and it has never rubbed.

UCA's are required though...