Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

These are real tie downs toyota

Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #21
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry but I have to laugh at all the responses that say they look weak. Granted the bed material isn't that robust, but the tie downs are. They're designed for aircraft use, and probably built to military standard. I've used similar tie downs and they're usually rated for 2000-4000lb working load.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I just wanna know what they are anchored into , that would be the determining factor on their capacity
Old 03-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #24
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
omg your such drama queens
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #26
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
omg your such drama queens
Agreed. My girlfriend said she wanted to get in on this thread too and add her $0.02
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #27
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
They look pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by husqvarna 530rr View Post
Rated at 600 lbs?? Yeah they flex like hell. And take off the plastic cover sometime. See how distorted the metal is.
No they aren't brass screws lol those are close tolerance hi shear screws. 95,000"lbs shear strength.
I am putting the plastic top cover back on.
So the same shear strength of a 7/8" bolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I just wanna know what they are anchored into , that would be the determining factor on their capacity
Quote:
made a plate to distribute the load.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #28
Pnicholas1019 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew (AWF)
Name: Parker
Pnicholas1019's Tacoma Gallery
nice!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #29
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
They look pretty

So the same shear strength of a 7/8" bolt?
I guess I mean , what size is the plate that is backing them

I agree the look tough
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #30
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Do you plan on lifting it with a helicopter? If not, I dont see a point. Stock tie downs work for my ATV, and you cant fit much more than that in the bed.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #31
husqvarna 530rr is on a distinguished road
husqvarna 530rr's Tacoma Gallery
The backing plates are .125 7075 t6 3"x3". More than enough to surface area to disperse the weight load.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The backing plates are .125 7075 t6 3"x3". More than enough to surface area to disperse the weight load.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #33
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj973gm View Post
If you tighten anything to what is snug in my mind on the factory D-Rings they tweak the bed. Do this over and over and it will greatly weaken the bed. A long trip will cause stress as well.

I took out my bed bolts and used some D-rings I had taken off from my trailer. I do not even use the bed rails they are too weak in my eyes as well.
Well I'm glad I never transport my motorcycle in there, and I bought all that stuff, just haven't installed the D-Rings yet.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #34
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
thought those looked familiar....yeah, you can not really break those.

those are the same (or similar) rings used on the 8 corners of my
6 helicop huts and 6 coolers when I operated an AN/UYK-7 for 12thAF
(old skool computer with core memory that can be repaired with
bubble gum wrappers when shot up to hell)

each hut weighed 15,000 lbs and could be picked up by a CH54 or
a super stallion 53, or wheeled into a Galaxy and strapped down

Oh man I miss that gig...
Old 03-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #35
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
WTF are you carrying in your bed to require something so beefy?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #36
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
To quote the MythBusters...

"If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing".

Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #37
Six lugs of fury!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
To quote the MythBusters...

"If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing".

What good is it when the bed fails and the D-Ring is still good? Lmao, those hold like 10 tons?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #38
husqvarna 530rr is on a distinguished road
husqvarna 530rr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Whatever I want lol.
Just tired of looking at the bed rails flexing when I'm loaded with dirtbikes.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #39
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, I've never had any trouble with factory rings. Has anyone?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #40
Six lugs of fury!
Quote:
Originally Posted by forana View Post
hmm, I've never had any trouble with factory rings. Has anyone?
I would not rely on those flimsy things to hold a 440lbs. motorcycle up. Being honest.