Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

These are real tie downs toyota

Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
husqvarna 530rr is on a distinguished road
husqvarna 530rr's Tacoma Gallery
These are real tie downs toyota

So I yanked the bullshit bed rails and rear tiedowns. Put these in and made a plate to distribute the load. Who can tell me what they are from??

Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
looks like something from an aircraft
Old 03-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by husqvarna 530rr View Post
So I yanked the bullshit bed rails and rear tiedowns. Put these in and made a plate to distribute the load. Who can tell me what they are from??

They are just mounted into the bed material ?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They are just mounted into the bed material ?
figured you would say something about the type of screw head
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
xyourlocaldjx is on a distinguished road
xyourlocaldjx's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see the problem with the rear and front bed rails. I've loaded two bike with these d rings. I installed extra ones in the front and never had a problem with it.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
i really hope those are not brass screws holding those down. they look kinda wimpy to me
Old 03-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditstpk View Post
figured you would say something about the type of screw head
Lol
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
look like hoodpins kinda
Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Those looks like they would give out before a factory D ring would...

Just buy a T55 torx bit, and 2 more d rings and there ya go.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #10
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely don't look as strong but an A for effort and thinking outside the box
Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #11
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
Those look really crappy..

The stock bed rails are rated at 600 lbs. Any more than that and your things would just rip out the bed material..

I love the bed rails.. I think you yanked one of the better features of the truck out to put in out dated stuff that won't hold anything... I don't feel sorry for you, but I do for whoever you sell your truck to..
Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 AM   #12
ToyotaTRD will become famous soon enoughToyotaTRD will become famous soon enough
ToyotaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 03-15-2013, 03:44 AM   #13
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
They look like hangers that go in a firetruck's storage box. I bet they would work well on bed rail for light loads .
Old 03-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #14
hammerdownson
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
Please put the bed rails back where they belong!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #15
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Those looks like they would give out before a factory D ring would...

Just buy a T55 torx bit, and 2 more d rings and there ya go.
x2 why not just add a set on the front that uses the existing bed bolts instead of removing the bed rails? They can be handy sometimes, but you shouldn't be securing heavy items to the bed rails anyway.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #16
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
I made front tie downs that are bolted under the same bolt that holds the bed on I did not measure the bolt size guessing 12MM but if you snap that off from too much load the trucks going over. The bed rails may not hold up a bank vault but they are damn handy.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #17
husqvarna 530rr is on a distinguished road
husqvarna 530rr's Tacoma Gallery
Rated at 600 lbs?? Yeah they flex like hell. And take off the plastic cover sometime. See how distorted the metal is.
No they aren't brass screws lol those are close tolerance hi shear screws. 95,000"lbs shear strength.
I am putting the plastic top cover back on.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #18
miacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
miacevedo's Tacoma Gallery
I have loaded a Suzuki GSX-R into my old X-Runner many times, and never had one problem with the factory D-Rings. And, I was only using the two fronts.

Has anybody actually ever had a problem with the factory d-rings??
Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #19
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by husqvarna 530rr View Post
Rated at 600 lbs?? Yeah they flex like hell. And take off the plastic cover sometime. See how distorted the metal is.
No they aren't brass screws lol those are close tolerance hi shear screws. 95,000"lbs shear strength.
I am putting the plastic top cover back on.
smoke em if you got em
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #20
Sold it, dont miss it yet.
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
If you tighten anything to what is snug in my mind on the factory D-Rings they tweak the bed. Do this over and over and it will greatly weaken the bed. A long trip will cause stress as well.

I took out my bed bolts and used some D-rings I had taken off from my trailer. I do not even use the bed rails they are too weak in my eyes as well.