Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2000 lbs In Bed

Old 03-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #21
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
I don't think its a morality police thing, just a truthful caution from people giving good advice, but you likely voided warranty in a public forum, ok with me,I wont say. But they can read.

(remember that guy in the white truck offroad crash thing). I don't the seals are damaged, based on the axle rating on the sticker.

Simple fact in a crash involving that weight, police and insurance ... lawyers too I bet , they find out real fast you exceeded weight. Suddenly you start assuming blame, just best not to place yourself there.
Out of curiosity, what IS the axle's rating?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #22
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
I don't think its a morality police thing, just a truthful caution from people giving good advice, but you likely voided warranty in a public forum, ok with me,I wont say.
truck is already out of warranty anyways.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #23
LordRingo will become famous soon enoughLordRingo will become famous soon enough
LordRingo's Tacoma Gallery
When I saw the title of this thread was 2000lbs in bed, I thought it was about my sex life.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #24
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadwrench View Post
Out of curiosity, what IS the axle's rating?
My 4x4 reg cab is 3110 lb . Guessing empty axle weight is 1620 lb + 2000 is 3620lb. So, if those were accurate , it would be overweight on the axle . Considering braking and accelerating, especially on a shorter wheelbase, you could add even more wight shifting.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #25
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
that's fuck all
Old 03-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #26
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
morality police need to chill.
x4. I certainly don't want to hear nanny/pansy crap. Gotta watch out though, some of these puddin' brains still resent not being allowed on the safety patrol as a child and will report you to the police or toyota warranty as was already stated.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #28
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRingo View Post
When I saw the title of this thread was 2000lbs in bed, I thought it was about my sex life.
Hahaha, wtf
Old 03-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #29
Don't be a dick
ARB1977 has a spectacular aura aboutARB1977 has a spectacular aura about

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 1 qubic yard of garden topsoil to pick up tomorrow. Well see how my Deavers hold up.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #30
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!!!!!! Maybe alittle to much weight but I would have done the same thing. Its a truck. Get to work and use it how your suppose to. Some guys might think its very dangerous but if you go slow, I see no problem at all. If your gonna load your truck like that every single day then yes its bad but for every else in awhile, I see no harm done. Im glad your putting your truck to work like it should be!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #31
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I don't think any Tacoma model is rated at over 1400lb, maybe 1500lb. Hasn't been an issue for me though, hauling off yard debris, mostly leaves, I just do in 2 trips.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I hauled 1500 lbs in my truck over 35 miles. Wasn't sketchy and braking was fine. I wouldn't do it often but if it needs to get done, I'd make a judgement call.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #33
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
WOW, so many things wrong with your statement! In any case kiss your lucky charm for not letting anything go wrong and I'm glad I'll never share the road with you since I'm not near your area
You live in NoHo... you already share the road with much worse than an overloaded Tacoma.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #34
senile member

Some rigs have the tow haul mode transmission button, it would be slick to have an option on our trucks with a load /no load switch. Perhaps upgraded parts for a 2k load and an airbag setup to take advantage of more heavy duty at those times.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #35
Mr. Pick is on a distinguished road

Mr. Pick's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, I'd have made the trip, and done so safely, just as the OP did. I'd be more worried about the bed cracking than anything.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #36
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
nice OP! i have yet to make my truck come that close to the bump stops. all tho for big heavy stuff i just up it on our trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Awesome!!!!!! Maybe alittle to much weight but I would have done the same thing. Its a truck. Get to work and use it how your suppose to. Some guys might think its very dangerous but if you go slow, I see no problem at all. If your gonna load your truck like that every single day then yes its bad but for every else in awhile, I see no harm done. Im glad your putting your truck to work like it should be!!!
and THIS! I see soo many truck not getting used. and when asked why they got a truck they say.”just so i can say i have one, i hate the mpg, i hate the ride. only have it so i can say i have it.” and i respond with whyTF don’t you trade...

If i did not need a truck and 4wd i would not have one.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #37
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery

I think he will be ok....
Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #38
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Guess ya got to do what ya got to do. That pic was crazy.

Brett
Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #39
jrogers329 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jrogers329's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan3306 View Post

I think he will be ok....
Yeah but that commercial is BS. If you look, there is a power supply in the back of the Tundra, and cables running over the tailgate. Those dollys that the shuttle is resting on are powered by the box. There is NO WAY that a stock Tundra can tow almost 300K lbs. I drive an 18 wheeler, and my daycab really has to work hard when I am close to the legal limit of 80k lbs.

OP...glad all went ok. Way to really use the truck
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #40
fjrmurph will become famous soon enoughfjrmurph will become famous soon enough
fjrmurph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrogers329 View Post
Yeah but that commercial is BS. If you look, there is a power supply in the back of the Tundra, and cables running over the tailgate. Those dollys that the shuttle is resting on are powered by the box. There is NO WAY that a stock Tundra can tow almost 300K lbs. I drive an 18 wheeler, and my daycab really has to work hard when I am close to the legal limit of 80k lbs.

OP...glad all went ok. Way to really use the truck
That was a hydraulic power pack for the steering axles on the trailer and i think on good level ground there is no reason a Tundra wouldn't tow that weight, i saw it on TV it has to be true !!!!!!
Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=kzfND5fcpB4