Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2000 lbs In Bed

Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #41
fjrmurph will become famous soon enoughfjrmurph will become famous soon enough
fjrmurph's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing i would have done different is take the bags off the pallet, you could have loaded them farther forward, get a little more weight on the front axle, share the load !!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #42
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
The most I have hauled with my tacoma is 1300 lbs. Im sure the taco would still be better in an emergeny situation than the k5 blazer I had before the taco. And thats with the blazer.unloaded
Old 03-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #43
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
What springs are those? The 3-leaf wonders on my OR smack the stops with less than 500 lbs on them.

To the weight nannies, lighten up. If I hauled heavy loads often, I'd buy a trailer with brakes and not beat up the truck so much. The OP knew it was too heavy, and said he drove accordingly. In the real world, stuff like that happens. Learning how to deal with it safely is a mark of maturity.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #44
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
^^This^^

I have had a 200-250lb camper shell on the back of mine for just over a month now and have lost a full inch of suspension. Once I hit 800lbs total I'm almost on the bumpstops . My hat off to you sir if you got 2,000 lbs on stock springs.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #45
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Can I borrow some? My rear end sits too high.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #46
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
And the spoonman speaks.

Brett
Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #47
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
And the spoonman speaks.

Brett
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #48
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Just saying my rear sits higher than the front also. Oh and liked your pics for the best truck on TW badass for sure.

Brett
Old 03-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #49
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroad View Post
^^This^^

I have had a 200-250lb camper shell on the back of mine for just over a month now and have lost a full inch of suspension. Once I hit 800lbs total I'm almost on the bumpstops . My hat off to you sir if you got 2 tons on stock springs.
2000lbs = 1 ton
Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #50
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
2000lbs = 1 ton
2240lbs
Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #51
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
2240lbs
That's a Metric Shitload
Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #52
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice catch.

I once had 2.5 tons of rock on an old 1 ton, flat bed truck. That was scary, and I learned a valuable lesson. When you go to the quarry, don't let the loader driver decide when to stop.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #53
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
That's a Metric Shitload
* proper tonne
Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #54
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
So you knew it was unsafe as soon as it was loaded and still decide to drive on public highway?? Not cool man!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...95/suv-tickets

This you?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #55
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've done 600-800 pounds before and I thought that was a lot. More than 2 or 3 times that weight is so not good for the truck. Glad you got to where you were going safe. Here is Arizona they ticket people for that. We've had soooo many accidents because of overloaded and unsafe loads on vehicles.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #56
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Wow OP, you are going to burn in hell for doing that!!!

Hahaha, just kidding, my God!! Come on guys, he is getting more bashed than a drunk driver !!!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #57
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Look, can this truck do it?
Yes it can
Should you do it?
No you shouldn't
Have I done it?
Yes~3500lbs and nothing broke on the truck but i wouldn't do it again if i had a choice.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #58
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tano View Post
Wow OP, you are going to burn in hell for doing that!!

Hahaha, just kidding, my God!! Come on guys, he is getting more bashed than a drunk driver !!!
x2.. if he said he did this all while he was high on meth then I'd understand the bashing, but this is just ridiculousness.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Yes it can
Should you do it?
No you shouldn't
Have I done it?
Yes~3500lbs and nothing broke on the truck but i wouldn't do it again if i had a choice.
You work for a living, so you have nothing to share on this topic. STFU!

Did I get it right? I don't want one of the weight nannies to get overloaded.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #60

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Yes it can
Should you do it?
No you shouldn't
Have I done it?
You're fucking nuts