Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2000 lbs In Bed

Old 03-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #81
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadwrench View Post
I have the 3 leaf springs.

But you're making an apples to llamas comparison.

The worst choice for hauling with these trucks is a double cab. Best choice is a regular cab.

Reason is that as you add cab between the front axle and the back axle, you push the bed (load area) further away from the front axle. As you do this, you reduce the percentage of the load that the front axle handles. Thus, you are actually increasing the amount of load the back axle handles.

Ergo, with equal loads and equal spring packs in a double cab and a regular cab, the double cab will always sag more.
Yes and no. While I agree that the double cab configuration has the end result you mentioned, the stock springs on the 2nd gen trucks are well known for being weak. In this case, yours more than others ... now.

The truth is that the OEM springs suck less as vehicle length and wheel base decreases, but differing degrees of suck is still suck. In the land of weak springs, the regular cab Tacoma is king.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #82
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
A few fun pics for my enjoyment...

The captions for the below pics:

"In Afghanistan, overloading trucks is encouraged by the safety people.."

"Access Cab Tacomas have no upper weight limit.."

"You are a wuss for not overloading your truck.. Fine, I'll do it with my Jetta!"

"My Ute has a WAY stronger axle than your Tacoma!"

Attached Thumbnails
2000 lbs In Bed-excab.jpg   2000 lbs In Bed-6a00d8341bf80a53ef010535e8bc50970c-800wi.jpg   2000 lbs In Bed-images.jpg   2000 lbs In Bed-overloadedute.jpg