LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2000 lbs In Bed

Old 03-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
2000 lbs In Bed

In case anyone wanted to know what 2k lbs looks like, here you go.

I had to pick up some blast media (slag) and ordered 40 bags on a skid. But miscalculated the weight - assumed they were 25 lbs bags. Got there, found out they were 50 lbs bags after I saw the truck sag when they got loaded. Ooops. Well I had already bought them and I needed them so I figured here goes nothing. Drove back 18 miles on the turnpike.

Can't say the truck took it "like a champ" because road handling was seriously compromised, but I didn't actually have any problems either. So...everything went better than expected?

ALMOST touching bump stops. You could feel it hitting the bump stops on turns, acceleration, and big potholes.

Don't try this at home.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Poor axle seals
Yes, I'm sure their life has been shortened.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
So you knew it was unsafe as soon as it was loaded and still decide to drive on public highway?? Not cool man!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
So you knew it was unsafe as soon as it was loaded and still decide to drive on public highway?? Not cool man!
Never said it was unsafe. Just bad for the truck.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Should have made 2 trips
No kidding!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadwrench View Post
Yes, I'm sure their life has been shortened.
Quote:
Never said it was unsafe. Just bad for the truck.
I'm no expert in car handling characteristics but there's no way you can sit there and type that it wasn't unsafe. In case of emergency braking/maneuvering the handling of truck was compromised which could have been fatal
Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
I'm no expert in car handling characteristics but there's no way you can sit there and type that it wasn't unsafe. In case of emergency braking/maneuvering the handling of truck was compromised which could have been fatal
Braking wouldnt have been compromised since the brakes are rated to handle an unbraked 3500 lbs trailer.

Of course maneuvering is less agile but no worse than driving a motorhome or towing a large load. You lower your speed and drive more defensively to compensate.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #11
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
morality police need to chill.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
Be Good or Be Good At It

Quote:
Braking wouldnt have been compromised since the brakes are rated to handle an unbraked 3500lbs
WOW, so many things wrong with your statement! In any case kiss your lucky charm for not letting anything go wrong and I'm glad I'll never share the road with you since I'm not near your area
Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
It's cool. You can't post rotten fruit and not expect flies.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #14
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
U should have went and picked up a huge load of balloons right away to offset the weight and then sell the balloons for premium and make Ur money back on everything, but hine sight is 20/20
Old 03-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #15
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Ride Rite and you'd have looked like your truck thought 2000lbs was 2lbs.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #16
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
Firestone Ride Rite and you'd have looked like your truck thought 2000lbs was 2lbs.
Poor axle seals
Old 03-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota243 View Post
U should have went and picked up a huge load of balloons right away to offset the weight and then sell the balloons for premium and make Ur money back on everything, but hine sight is 20/20
I knew there was a reason I should've paid attention in school.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #18
Turn up the good, turn down the suck!
RPD STARS is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
RPD STARS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota243 View Post
I thought I was the only one that thought this...
Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Seriously...
Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think its a morality police thing, just a truthful caution from people giving good advice, but you likely voided warranty in a public forum, ok with me,I wont say. But they can read.

(remember that guy in the white truck offroad crash thing). I don't the seals are damaged, based on the axle rating on the sticker.

Simple fact in a crash involving that weight, police and insurance ... lawyers too I bet , they find out real fast you exceeded weight. Suddenly you start assuming blame, just best not to place yourself there.