Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best Aftermarket Weather Mats?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
What oil should I use? What octane gas?

Troll. Great contribution you gave congrats
Old 03-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #22
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Oh, I'm sorry I forgot that the Husky's have a mysterious layer that goes over the door sills that the naked eye can't see, and lock into the stock anchors. As far as the pedals go the Husky's extend under the pedals less than an inch further. Wow, that's more than incredibly useless.
People are allowed to have their preferences... Don't gotta hate on it.

OP, I got weathertechs as soon as I bought my truck. By far the best money I've spent on it. The fit is great, they are durable, and they catch damn near everything. I got the grey color, and they match the OEM interior grey-ish color very well.

There is a reason so many people have them. I can't speak to the quality of the Husky liners, but it sounds like they're pretty decent.

The weathertechs are by far the most popular floor mats (on TW), and are considered by many to be the #1 aftermarket accessory to have... There's a few threads around here along the lines of, "If you could only choose one modification, what would it be?"

Many people will say weathertechs. If you don't wan't any surprises and want something "tried and true," go with weathertech mats. You will not second guess your choice.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #23
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a front set of Wade Sure-Fit mats pretty cheap on amazon. My coworker has weathertechs and to be honest, I don't see a difference except the additional $50 he paid for his front mats. Weathertechs are nice but they are too pricey.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #24
jrogers329 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jrogers329's Tacoma Gallery
I have never tried the Weathertechs. I have the Husky liners in my truck. I have had Husky liners in all of my trucks for the last 12 or so years. I love them.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #25
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go wrong with husky liner.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #26
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
Huskyliners, model weather beaters are by far the better mat because of the coverage and fitment. The huskyliners are a lot better than weathertechs. I have had both and after only having weathertechs I thought they were great.....that is until I tried a set of huskyliners.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Ryan DCFS;6600237]People are allowed to have their preferences... Don't gotta hate on it.

Not meaning to hate. This was a opinion poll. I gave mine.This was a reply to another member. In my experience, the Husky's were not a better liner.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #28
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
I've had Husky's in my company trucks for years, always oily, muddy boots on them, I swapped my 1st set to 3 different trucks before they died, and I sold them to my buddy who still has them, so I bought a set for Tacoma and wife's 4 Runner. They look awesome and fit great. I like the lip to hold the crap in .Weathertechs also look good and everybody likes them here on TW, but I stay what works for me,can't go wrong with either.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #29
ee1284 is on a distinguished road
ee1284's Tacoma Gallery
I have weathertechs. I bought them after reading how great they are on this forum. They look nice, but imo aren't worth the price.
My carpet is always dirty just above the weathertechs near the pedals. I will probably switch to husky brand in my next vehicle.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
Husky liners cover more floor, don't interfere with the clutch pedal and has no holes.

Husky's all the way
Old 03-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #31
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
What oil should I use? What octane gas?
I am a real fan of the 3W69 oil for the engine and I have been running the 102 octane and have been getting 26 city 31 hwy MPG. Good luck with that.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #32
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech Digital Fit.

Get ahold of TAOScott on here for the best pricing.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:46 AM   #33
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same pair of Husky mats in my truck for the last 5 years. I don't put a whole lot of thought into floor mats. I buy them, install them, and move on.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #34
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Plastic wrap...
Old 03-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #35
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Oh, I'm sorry I forgot that the Husky's have a mysterious layer that goes over the door sills that the naked eye can't see, and lock into the stock anchors. As far as the pedals go the Husky's extend under the pedals less than an inch further. Wow, that's more than incredibly useless. Bold makes you seem like your'e yelling.
now this ^ looks like a post from someone who has not
actually used both types in crappy conditions for a season or two

I have had both for years and sorry, weathertech laser fit leaves salty shit all over
my carpet up front, and through the holes, and husky classic mats do not.

that so called one inch difference IS what prevents crap from hitting
the carpet...weathertechs s-u-c-k in the situations when you have snow
and mud on your feet and the throttle pedal scrapes that off...it goes
right under the weathertech mats. FAIL

and the dead pedal ? you can use it with a husky mat... with weathertech, sorry,
shit is going all over your carpet if you rest your foot there. fail again.

Looks wise ? weathertech looks great, husky not so fancy... but functionally for the
life of the vehicle ?...husky wins. also husky has a lifetime warranty vs 3 years for weathertech
Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #36
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
I have the same pair of Husky mats in my truck for the last 5 years. I don't put a whole lot of thought into floor mats. I buy them, install them, and move on.
I have the Husky mats too. Had them in both my Tacomas, love them.
If you don't want to break the bank they are a good option.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #37
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Another option is to get an OR and order all-weather flooring from Toyota for $50. Otherwise, there is a reason WeatherTech is mentioned everywhere. If you want to preserve the interior of your truck, get the digital liners. Water/drinks/snow/mud/etc. will still get where you do want it at some point. Contact Scott at TruckAddOns for the best price I found. Approx $150+ for a DC is not that bad IMO.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...h-special.html
Old 03-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #38
love4steel is on a distinguished road
love4steel's Tacoma Gallery
i went with oem toyota all weather matts cuz they were cheaper than weathertech .. i wish i had poneyed up. these stockers are not that nice - they function well enough but they certainly dont look cool or nice.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #39
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I've had both and IMO the huskys are better functionally. Sorry to all you weathertech fan boys, they are nice and look good but the husky liners protect things better. This is a case where if you've only actually used one or the other your opinion has limited usefulness. I also don't understand why people get so personally but hurt when somebody gives a different opinion ?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #40
More bacon, please.
fallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud of

fallingdomino's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the Weathertechs - they do a fine job

Products Discussed in this Thread