Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best Aftermarket Weather Mats?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #41
tacomarandy is on a distinguished road
tacomarandy's Tacoma Gallery
I have Husky Weatherbeaters in my 4Runner and Tacoma. They are expensive in my opinion--but worth it if you track in crap or have kids that do the same.

The back mat for the 4runner is great!

I just can't find Weatherbeaters for my friend's 2013 Highlander. They're not listed on the Husky site for some reason either. May have to try out Weathertechs on that one.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #42
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
This thread got me leaning towards Huskey.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #43
thebrick is on a distinguished road

thebrick's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the advice. Husky's it is. Cant beat the competitive advantage of a lifetime warranty.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #44
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Oh, I'm sorry I forgot that the Husky's have a mysterious layer that goes over the door sills that the naked eye can't see, and lock into the stock anchors. As far as the pedals go the Husky's extend under the pedals less than an inch further. Wow, that's more than incredibly useless. Bold makes you seem like your'e yelling.
Not yelling. It is called emphasis.

I'm not going to argue. Husky Liners cover up behind the pedals where your dirty feet are going to be. It is lots more than an inch.

Weathertech liners do not cover this area. They hang on the clutch pedal ( unless you cut them ) and they have holes for the stock hold downs... I prefer to not have holes in the liner, it sort of defeats the purpose. Weather techs are not bad liners, they are not my preference. You are entitled to your opinion. I have owned both in order to base my opinion.

I don't ride around with my muddy feet on the door sills, Do You?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #45
Bobo
rr1960 is on a distinguished road

Navy: 2cnd class petty officer
rr1960's Tacoma Gallery
I recently got a front set of mats on amazon. Made by wade/westin co. Called surefit. They are very similar to weather tech at almost half the cost. I got the black ones for my 10 pre runner. Very satisfied.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #46
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
I have noticed that the majority of people who are recommending they Huskyliners have stated that they have owned both.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #47
What is this I don't even
yotaman90 is a jewel in the roughyotaman90 is a jewel in the roughyotaman90 is a jewel in the rough

yotaman90's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Weathertechs a lot. One of the my best investments in my truck IMO. I did have to trim a small amount off of the driver side mat since it would catch the clutch pedal, but it was less than half an inch and was a piece of cake to do. Weathertech mats just seem to be heavier duty than the Husky Liners
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #48
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
WEATHERTECH!!!!

I Wouldn't do anything but weathertechs, best investment ever!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #49
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfondler View Post
I have noticed that the majority of people who are recommending they Huskyliners have stated that they have owned both.
Exactly. The reason why I went with Husky for my FJ over 5 years ago. When doing research, I noticed a lot of people (who had experience with both) recommended Husky over WT.

I've been more than happy enough with them since. Enough so, that I bought a full set for my recently-acquired Taco. Pricey, but well worth it if you're concerned about your interior.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #50
LoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud of
LoneCynic's Tacoma Gallery
I tried searching on Amazon for the Husky's after reading this thread, but the over abundance of search results and varying pictures made it difficult to pinpoint the ones that are for my truck. I have a 2013 Access Cab with grey interior. Could someone point me in the direction of a link to the ones everyone is praising in this thread that would fit my truck?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #51
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, at arguing over floor mats. Anyway OP, I got the weathertechs, and really happy with them. Your best bet is to Google some pics of each in a Tacoma, so you can see what you think will work for you. That's what I did. G/L.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #52
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
I tried searching on Amazon for the Husky's after reading this thread, but the over abundance of search results and varying pictures made it difficult to pinpoint the ones that are for my truck. I have a 2013 Access Cab with grey interior. Could someone point me in the direction of a link to the ones everyone is praising in this thread that would fit my truck?
go here
http://www.huskyliners.com/

husky classic style floor liners
http://www.huskyliners.com/site/?cal...oduct&catID=18

NOTE: notice they don't look all as fancy as weathertechs
but they hold in the slop better, that's what I care about. Function over form.

If huskys other mats, (weatherbeaters) which look more like Weathertech Laser fit, hold the same
glop then get those. The pictures show the same additional coverage over the dead pedal
and throttle as the classics, But i don't have weatherbeaters...I only have experience with the classics.

and these damn things will show almost zero wear after 14 years or more. I know first hand.

--------
My summary.

all mats prevent some wear and garbage from soaking in...

and when clicking the heels together before swinging the legs inside doesn't clean off your boots 100%,

Weathertech look sexy but let you down if you have 4 seasons mung to keep off the rug,
mung will get under the mats, up by the pedals and down at the hooks
and not just a little bit of it...a lot will eventually drop under the mats
if your shoes have crud on them when you enter vehicle,

Husky look sort of plain but damn they actually keep the whole carpet crap free.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #53
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
go here
http://www.huskyliners.com/

husky classic style floor liners
http://www.huskyliners.com/site/?cal...oduct&catID=18

NOTE: notice they don't look all as fancy as weathertechs
but they hold in the slop better, that's what I care about. Function over form.

If huskys other mats, (weatherbeaters) which look more like Weathertech Laser fit, hold the same
glop then get those. The pictures show the same additional coverage over the dead pedal
and throttle as the classics, But i don't have weatherbeaters...I only have experience with the classics.

and these damn things will show almost zero wear after 14 years or more. I know first hand.

--------
My summary.

all mats prevent some wear and garbage from soaking in...

and when clicking the heels together before swinging the legs inside doesn't clean off your boots 100%,

Weathertech look sexy but let you down if you have 4 seasons mung to keep off the rug,
mung will get under the mats, up by the pedals and down at the hooks
and not just a little bit of it...a lot will eventually drop under the mats
if your shoes have crud on them when you enter vehicle,

Husky look sort of plain but damn they actually keep the whole carpet crap free.
It would be more fair to compare Weathertech DigitalFits to Husky Liner Weatherbeaters. They seem to be comparable price.

I would give Husky's a try. Currently on a set of WeatherTechs.

Husky Liner Weatherbeater:

WeatherTech DigitalFit:

Old 03-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #54
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Here's another option I ran into:

Wade-Westin Sure Fit mats $65:
http://www.amazon.com/72-110032-Blac...1&s=automotive

Toyota Nation Review:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...loor-mats.html

TW Review:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-fit-mats.html

Just ordered me a set for $65, I'll test them out and post a review as well. I was down to the Husky and these, but the classic Husky's are ugly, and the weather beaters aren't that much cheaper than Weather techs. These seem to have the same coverage as the Weather Techs looking at the photo's... Stay tuned.

Also, they're made in the USA!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #55
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
Husky for sure.

I had Husky in my Tundra for three years and never had to vacuum
or clean the carpet once.

The photo they use looks like crap but they look way better than that.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #56
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
My 2 cents

I had the weather tech in my Tundra fit was awsome only thing is they do not have the little spikes found on the bottom that grip your carpet. i took them out when I traded my truck in for my Tacoma. I will install weather tech again in my Tacoma. I still have the Tundra set for sale on Craigs list they are tan in color and only 5 months old.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #57
Weather tech in my 2009 today

So i installed my new weather techs they look sharp. Only one thing I had to trim the driver side front just a little the clutch was getting hung up on it. Took care of it with a box cutter.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #58
Weather tech factory conversation today

Just to let you guys know I spoke to the weather tech service girl today(nice lady and she speaks english). I called her about the weather tech I just installed on my 2009 manual transmission. I told her I had to trim off under the clutch to keep it from hanging up. She told me that they are not made for manual transmissions. Sure as day I went to there web sight and in small red print it says that.
Just wanted to let you guys know that. I still love them. But if you trim it off you void the warranty on that mat that is what she told me.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #59
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetman1979 View Post
Just to let you guys know I spoke to the weather tech service girl today(nice lady and she speaks english). I called her about the weather tech I just installed on my 2009 manual transmission. I told her I had to trim off under the clutch to keep it from hanging up. She told me that they are not made for manual transmissions. Sure as day I went to there web sight and in small red print it says that.
Just wanted to let you guys know that. I still love them. But if you trim it off you void the warranty on that mat that is what she told me.
bummer, but in all honesty..............I dont think u will have any need for warranty claims

I may be wrong, but I dont think i have seen 1 person mention a warranty claim on the weathertechs.............I see more vehicle warranty issues, and more people transferring their "old" weathertechs into new vehicles.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #60
iimig is on a distinguished road
iimig's Tacoma Gallery
From this thread I have gathered that the Huskys appear to do a better job by a slim margin but I am curious what ones look better? The Classic Huskys clearly don't look as good as the DigitalFits but what if we are comparing the DigitalFits to the WeatherBeaters? From the pics it looks like the WeatherBeaters conform to the rear area a lot better with the little wings that go backwards but what about in real life?

Products Discussed in this Thread