Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best Aftermarket Weather Mats?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
thebrick is on a distinguished road

thebrick's Tacoma Gallery
Best Aftermarket Weather Mats?

Everything I've read, seen, and heard leads me to believe Weather Tech mats are the end all be all of weather liners.
Has anyone out there actually tried any others? Husky, Rugged Ridge, Maxliner?
My Factory weather liners look like swiss chee and hook the heels of my shoe when I'm clutchin. Looking to order some this weekend. Educate me real quick.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
There are so many threads already discussing this, you may want to utilize the search feature.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #3

Got any keywords? All I could find were threads discussing factory liner dismay and WeatherTech stoke.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
scottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the rough
Army: 1BCT, 101 ABN DIV
Name: Scott
scottw1's Tacoma Gallery
Husky, weather mats, etc. Do a search for title only and 2nd gen forums. You will find some to review.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
ssault will become famous soon enoughssault will become famous soon enough
ssault's Tacoma Gallery
What oil should I use? What octane gas?
Old 03-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
What oil should I use? What octane gas?
Thanks
Old 03-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
i am thoroughly impressed with my weather tech mats. perfect fit!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
07 TRD PreRunner/V6/DBL Cab/SB/tow pac/JBL 6 disc
hugus311 is on a distinguished road
Army:
hugus311's Tacoma Gallery
Weather tech no doubt.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Coolerman's Tacoma Gallery
I love the weathertech digifit floor liners. I ended up buying them from a local place called autofinishers and their price was as good as any I could find online.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Got the Digital Fit mats Front and rear. Love 'em. Buddy of mine got the Husky Liners....
Old 03-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Husky liners cover more floor, don't interfere with the clutch pedal and has no holes.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
Husky liners cover more floor, don't interfere with the clutch pedal and has no holes.
this ^^^

had both Husky and Weather Techs in separate vehicles

Husky won that battle, and that is what i got in my new 2103 taco

Husky keeps the carpet the most clean, and least amount
of slush and salt due to it's reach up under the pedal area

weather tech falls short, but they do look fabulous.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech's are quite good, but imo they are overpriced and the rear ones are not as thick and heavy duty as the fronts. I still do have a set.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFerLife View Post
Weathertech's... /thread
x's 1,500,000,000,004 Weathertech's fit better, cover more and are a much better liner in general IMO. But it's all in what you want. Find a dealer close by,check them both out and make your own choice.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #18
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
x's 1,500,000,000,004 Weathertech's fit better, cover more and are a much better liner in general IMO. But it's all in what you want. Find a dealer close by,check them both out and make your own choice.
No. They don't cover more.

Weathertech Liners only cover up to 1/2 the dead pedal. The clutch pedal hangs up on the upper edge of the liner.

Husky Liners cover all the way up under all the pedals +
Old 03-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #19
car78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to behold

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
I tried Weathertech and Husky. Husky is far superior. Much easier to take out and clean and they cover more area.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
No. They don't cover more.

Weathertech Liners only cover up to 1/2 the dead pedal. The clutch pedal hangs up on the upper edge of the liner.

Husky Liners cover all the way up under all the pedals +
Oh, I'm sorry I forgot that the Husky's have a mysterious layer that goes over the door sills that the naked eye can't see, and lock into the stock anchors. As far as the pedals go the Husky's extend under the pedals less than an inch further. Wow, that's more than incredibly useless. Bold makes you seem like your'e yelling.

Products Discussed in this Thread