1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question for 2wd tacoma owners (non pre runner)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sohum63, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Mar 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    Sohum63

Sohum63 [OP] Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma 2wd and 02 tundra 4wd
    I am looking into getting a 2nd gen Toyota tacoma. Unfortunately I have to get a 2wd and have to stay away from the pre runner model. I am trying to find the seat height in this truck (from the ground outside to the top of the seat were you would sit) preferably a stock height truck or if you have modded anything how much lowere or higher than stock. Thanks a lot I'm going to have to travel 4 or 5 hours to look at one of these but knowing this measurement will help me decide if this truck will work for me.
    Also, any common problems I should look for when purchasing aside from the standard used vehicle checks. I know I will be getting an automatic :( and engine size is undecided but am leaning towards a 4cyl. It will probably be a 2005-10 due to budget.
    Thanks for your help, hope to be telling you about a new to me truck soon.

2. Mar 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    Kulahaga

Kulahaga Tacomaized

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Florida Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    2010 * Regular Cab * 2.7 * Manual
    Curt Receiver Hitch * Firestone RideRite Air Springs * OEM Chrome Grill * OEM Intermittent Wipers * OEM Cruise Control * UltraGauge * * Anytime Fog Lights * Cargo Bar & Cargo Net * Pop & Lock and Bully Tailgate Security * TonnoPro Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover * Backup Camera * * LED Interior, Under Door, Under Hood & Cargo Lighting * Pin Stripes * Wet Okole Seat Cover * ImMrYo Mirror Mod * DVR207 Dash Camera *
    My Tacoma is a 2010 Regular Cab, 2WD, 5 lug, 4 cylinder, no lift, stock wheels & tires with a bench seat.

The height of the seat (where you place your butt) from level ground is 29" at the front edge of the seat and 26" at the rear where it meets the seat back.

Hope this helps you.:)

3. Mar 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    Sohum63

Sohum63 [OP] Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma 2wd and 02 tundra 4wd
    Thanks a lot. Called a few dealers today and never got an answer. Signed up here and had an answer in a few minutes.

Products Discussed in

To Top