LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket alarm & remote start wiring

Old 03-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket alarm & remote start wiring

2006 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab Automatic

Anyone have a lay out of all the wires that are needed to be tapped into to install an aftermarket alarm and remote start system?

I have a Python 881XP alarm; got everything with it including a field disturbance sensor since the system was in a convertible. Not the latest and greatest thing out, but it'll serve its purpose well enough for me. The only thing I have to get is a bypass module since the car that it came out of didn't require one. I'm actually going to see if I can't locate one next week before I just spend money on one (guess it helps to say that I work in a salvage yard, hence why the alarm came out of a convertible). If I can manage to get a common DEI module I'll jut order a programmer and flash it myself. The other option would just be to order one up that's already flashed, which is probably what I'll end up doing anyway since it'll only cost me about $10 more than ordering the programmer. I have the full manual and wiring schematics for the alarm, that's no problem, but I want to basically know all the wires in the truck that I need to tap into, that way I can have my schematic completely laid out and know what wires on the alarm go to what wires on the truck before I ever dig into the project.

I'm no stranger to electronics and wiring, so that's not a problem for me. I'll be soldering all of my joints, since I see first hand every day in my line of work what happens to wires and wire junctions when the wires are just twisted together and wrapped in tap looks great and feels good at first, but give it a couple years...

I did find this thread, which should be a HUGE help. Can anyone confirm that the wires listed in the thread are going to be exactly the same between 05 and 06?