Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A little disappointed with my new Tacoma

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
your atv will be fine. agreed on the exhaust crossover. a bit dissapointing

Old 03-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
OP that sucks man

Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingbutyotas View Post
After I get it home . Im giving it a real good inspection (went to dealer drunk and belched I'll buy it.). looking for anything that might be loose or any type of leak.(ought to be an ASE rated mechanic with "looking" skills) I notice that the entire truck bed is made of plastic(holy crap, you mastered the obvious, I tried magnets for hours to discover that one .. not really) ! I thought it was a bed liner but turns out the thing is just plastic tub(back to drunk belching) ... I knew the front bumper was a joke(They all are if the fake standard is so high they must split rocks) and planned to add a after market steel bumper soon but dang.... it looks like I will have to mod the bed to be able to haul my 4 wheeler.
I also noticed if I high center this truck(high center? at the mall? nooo) it will be sitting on the exhaust pipe where it comes down off the manifold and turns back. Nice ..... but I guess on the upside , the oil filter is right up on top.
This thing looks like its gonna cost a lot to make it a real truck (real truck inspector/ identifier alert! Real truck ..to just tow? or just moab? or to just mud? Can we get a real OP)
Oh well , at least it rides and smells good ...
You bought it out of emotion it sounds, that's your bad. Don't rant. You bought a decent truck, lucky you didn't accidently buy something else with even more problems. Now enjoy the site for all the mods n data it has.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #24
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
one of a kind gripe thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #25
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
I agree. I'm disappointed to. My truck is so damn sexy. I don't want to take it off road.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #26
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
My 1990 honda fourtrax fits nicely in the back of my 13' dblcab sb. Plus I use ramps and the tailgate is fine, really suprised you didn't know the bed was composite didn't you do your research before buying just sayin.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #27
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
The more I drove mine the more I like it. I think all trucks have something to gripe about a bit, but the Tacoma sure beats a ford I had and a Dakota I had. You guys fixed the no intermittent wiper for me with the mod.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #28
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingbutyotas View Post
After I get it home . Im giving it a real good inspection. looking for anything that might be loose or any type of leak. I notice that the entire truck bed is made of plastic ! I thought it was a bed liner but turns out the thing is just plastic tub ... I knew the front bumper was a joke and planned to add a after market steel bumper soon but dang.... it looks like I will have to mod the bed to be able to haul my 4 wheeler.
I also noticed if I high center this truck it will be sitting on the exhaust pipe where it comes down off the manifold and turns back. Nice ..... but I guess on the upside , the oil filter is right up on top.
This thing looks like its gonna cost a lot to make it a real truck
Oh well , at least it rides and smells good ...
our "plastic" beds are composite, and statistically stronger than steel. i hauled my arctic cat 650h1 all over with my truck, and not one problem. im pretty sure all stock bumpers on any vehicle are a joke, so thats no a valid pissing point. sure the oil filter location is a plus, but how about, your truck will outlast, and outdrive any of your buddies trucks, plus be worth twice as much, as a plus...

Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #30
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
our "plastic" beds are composite, and statistically stronger than steel. i hauled my arctic cat 650h1 all over with my truck, and not one problem. im pretty sure all stock bumpers on any vehicle are a joke, so thats no a valid pissing point. sure the oil filter location is a plus, but how about, your truck will outlast, and outdrive any of your buddies trucks, plus be worth twice as much, as a plus...
Well said Bro

Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #31
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 yotaman View Post
Well said Bro

Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
Meat Popsicle
JohnnyRA29 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
JohnnyRA29's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JohnnyRA29

Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #33
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
You forgot to bitch about the lack of heated mirrors... Driving to work gets interesting in traffic

Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #34
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't recommend doing this, but this guy put 2000lbs in his bed and you're worried about a single 4wheeler for what reason? I've carried 800lbs in my xrunner bed across the country from Florida to New Mexico, and that's still almost twice as much as a 4wheeler.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...0-lbs-bed.html

Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #35
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Putting 2000lbs in a Tacoma is just stupid

Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #36
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Putting 2000lbs in a Tacoma is just stupid
Yes it is. But its possible. Idk why OP is saying he can't haul a 4wheeler

Old 03-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #38

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf taco View Post
if you told the bed of your truck "im scared to load a fourwheeler on you" it would laugh hysterically at you then shit on said four-wheeler while flipping you off
ftfy

Old 03-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #39
Imageoguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Antoine
Imageoguy's Tacoma Gallery
OP, Have a look at my thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-atv-deck.html

I've logged about 700 miles with my sled including some on pretty rough logging roads and no problems, much better than having to worry about a trailer. I'm planning on using the deck for my Quad in summer. I'd be more concerned about the Taco's skinny springs than the box, I suggest some airbags to haul anything substancial.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #40
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
For one the Tacoma is the best truck on the market for most people and the bed is nice no rusting, lining it and not to mention it is a nice bed material oh and if you think it is made of plastic that is mostly the interior unless Toyota secretly has made a frame that is plastic and the whole body panels are really spoke secret plastic that feels like metal then I would be impressed

Closed Thread