Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A little disappointed with my new Tacoma

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Nothingbutyotas is on a distinguished road
Nothingbutyotas's Tacoma Gallery
A little disappointed with my new Tacoma

After I get it home . Im giving it a real good inspection. looking for anything that might be loose or any type of leak. I notice that the entire truck bed is made of plastic ! I thought it was a bed liner but turns out the thing is just plastic tub ... I knew the front bumper was a joke and planned to add a after market steel bumper soon but dang.... it looks like I will have to mod the bed to be able to haul my 4 wheeler.
I also noticed if I high center this truck it will be sitting on the exhaust pipe where it comes down off the manifold and turns back. Nice ..... but I guess on the upside , the oil filter is right up on top.
This thing looks like its gonna cost a lot to make it a real truck
Oh well , at least it rides and smells good ...

Old 03-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Feel free to sell it to somebody who will enjoy it.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
i always inspect, research, and make my critiques of several thousand dollar purchases after i buy them as well.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
get a skid and sliders and call it good.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
URD y-pipe should help as well if I'm not mistaken. It's all stuff you're going to want anyway so I don't see what the big deal is

Also not sure how you missed the bed being plastic. Like he said, it's crazy tough, you won't have a problem with a 4wheeler I bet.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
Turn up the good, turn down the suck!
RPD STARS is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
RPD STARS's Tacoma Gallery
LOLZ

Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
If you're not happy with it, get rid of it...

BTW, awesome choice on a screen name.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
While you might be disappointed that your bed is plastic, your not going to hurt it. Some guy hauled some 2000 pounds in his recently, your fourwheeler isn't going to do any damage.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
Nothingbutyotas is on a distinguished road
Nothingbutyotas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
If you're not happy with it, get rid of it...

BTW, awesome choice on a screen name.
Ill make it work. I was thinking about getting a new Mig machine and Plasma cutter anyway for projects like this.
I have a 94 model still going ( 2nd motor ) with almost 400k miles. Yotas are hard to beat.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingbutyotas View Post
After I get it home . Im giving it a real good inspection. looking for anything that might be loose or any type of leak. I notice that the entire truck bed is made of plastic ! I thought it was a bed liner but turns out the thing is just plastic tub ... (snip)
Plastic? Mine seems to be made of fiberglass. Or at least it give off a fiberglass-like white powder, not plastic shavings, when drilled into.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
that sucks

btw the composite beds are tough as fuck.

but still.

oh no.
^^^this
welcome to tw

Old 03-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #15
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Sell it and get a Honda Ridgeline. It's Consumer Reports best truck for a reason.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It's called composite
This ^^^

As for the strength, I broke a bolt off in mine about 4 years ago.....and still cant get it out. Strongest bed out there from what I can tell.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
and the exhaust crossover can take a pretty good beating just FYI

Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #18
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
It'll carry a 4wheeler with no problems. I know many people with tacomas that have 4 wheelers and dirt bikes.

" The Tacoma's composite inner bed is made from a sheet-molded composite (SMC) deck and tough, durable walls that are 10 percent lighter than steel"

http://www.toyota.com/about/news/pro...-3-Debuts.html

Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #20
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingbutyotas View Post
Ill make it work. I was thinking about getting a new Mig machine and Plasma cutter anyway for projects like this.
I have a 94 model still going ( 2nd motor ) with almost 400k miles. Yotas are hard to beat.
Flat deck that bitch

Closed Thread