Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

anyone with a 6" lift and 33" tires? questions

Old 03-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
anyone with a 6" lift and 33" tires? questions

I did already post this in the canadian post but didn't get many responses on the 6" lift and 33" wheels, so i posted on this section so see if it will help out more.

this is my only ride. and my job is across town(30kms one way) ...so for me to get it,so realllllly it concerns me if im going to lose alot in a tank.

so just wondering if anyone has a tacoma with just a 6'' lift and 33" tires.
whats your set up and pros/cons?
and how many miles you get driving around the city/hwy per tank. ( not wanting how many gallons, more so like ..220-250 or like 300 miles per tank)

if i get the lift and dick cepek dc-2 tires and the goodyear wrangler tires my truck would look exactly like this
Old 03-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
I would look, read through here. And ask a few Qs

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html
Old 03-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #4

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
I would look, read through here. And ask a few Qs

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html
yea i think i seen this yesterday when i was looking, alot of 6" lifted trucks that look amazing just wanting to hear peoples milage and how they like the lift. or responses to their experiences with the kits.

but thanks for the link i'll lookg again forsure see if i missed anything.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #5

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
cause if i could be able to get around 270-310 miles/ tank i'd be more then happy with that and get it asap.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
You MIGHT get 350km/tank

I have 35s/LT/4:88 and I get about 350. My milage went up after I changed gears. And this is being real easy on the gas an doing the speed limit.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
Why lift 6" and run 33's, when all you are doing is driving it to work and back?

Is this just for looks?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #8

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
You MIGHT get 350km/tank

I have 35s/LT/4:88 and I get about 350. My milage went up after I changed gears. And this is being real easy on the gas an doing the speed limit.
whattt 350!? but i would assume with bigger tires/more weight ? but looking at guys posts on here from whom i seen they around around the 380-425km/ tank. but mean obviously everyones different how they drive but i wont be speeding much anymore after the lifts on really.

and it's not JUST for going to and from work...it's my only ride and i want to personalize the truck, so yea i'd like to make it look good, have a good size lift on it and have clearance for what ever needs.
i work a weekday job and i'll be driving it to work..but i snowboard/mtn bike and more so i'll be using it for everything, and of course occasional off roading, and the mountains are only an hour away from my location.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeds View Post
whattt 350!? but i would assume with bigger tires/more weight ? but looking at guys posts on here from whom i seen they around around the 380-425km/ tank. but mean obviously everyones different how they drive but i wont be speeding much anymore after the lifts on really.
Yeah man. Tires are heavy, new wheels are heavier usually too. There's a lot more wind resistance. The engine has to work a lot harder to get you moving and keep you moving. If I get 350km, I am happy. I don't usually get 350. I've gotten as little as 250. (One day of wheeling, then highway/city driving. I've gotten really use to doing the speed limit.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #10

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Yeah man. Tires are heavy, new wheels are heavier usually too. There's a lot more wind resistance. The engine has to work a lot harder to get you moving and keep you moving. If I get 350km, I am happy. I don't usually get 350. I've gotten as little as 250. (One day of wheeling, then highway/city driving. I've gotten really use to doing the speed limit.
holy fuck haha
something must be up, or you drive heavy? that seems super low haha 250 ? id shoot myself in the face. at like 70-80 dollar fill ups.
but what lift did you go with or wheel set up ?

do you still enjoy it all ?

but you have metal bumpers and shit haha so thats another huge draw back..
Old 03-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #11

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
well i appreciate the input with people. but bought the set up today.
got the 6" pro comp stage 1 lift.
dick cepek dc-2 wheels 18x9
goodyear wrangler duratrac 275/70/R18

i'll post photos up when i get it all installed.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #12
Brujit0 is on a distinguished road
Brujit0's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, I'm new to this forum. I wanna ask you, is your truck a 4X4 or a 4X2? I have a 2005 Tacoma PreRunner Access Cab 4X2 with a 6" lift and 33" wheels. However, I've been wanting to change the gear differential to a higher one since the mileage for my truck has dropped and I want to bring it back up; my truck still has the stock gears in it. As far as I've been told, the 4.56 gear ratio differential is my best bet. But my question is: will the ring & pinion for a 4X4 fit into a 4X2 pickup...or am I flat out of luck on the differential department?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #13

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujit0 View Post
Hey man, I'm new to this forum. I wanna ask you, is your truck a 4X4 or a 4X2? I have a 2005 Tacoma PreRunner Access Cab 4X2 with a 6" lift and 33" wheels. However, I've been wanting to change the gear differential to a higher one since the mileage for my truck has dropped and I want to bring it back up; my truck still has the stock gears in it. As far as I've been told, the 4.56 gear ratio differential is my best bet. But my question is: will the ring & pinion for a 4X4 fit into a 4X2 pickup...or am I flat out of luck on the differential department?
yea my trucks 4x4
and for the gearing situation, sorry man im unable to tell you cause i dont know much of it. but theres im sure plenty of forums on here that you can maybe check it out but i'll be able to point you in the right direction haha.

when i get the lift tho i'll base judgements on the fuel / gearing situation.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #15
NorCalTaco33 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ronnie
NorCalTaco33's Tacoma Gallery
Did you make the adjustment for your tire size vs. actual travel? I run a stock 2012 4.0 4X4 and I have never reached 350 per tank.