Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5100's with 1.75 lift and now caster at 1.8

Old 03-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
2013taco is on a distinguished road
2013taco's Tacoma Gallery
5100's with 1.75 lift and now caster at 1.8

Just put the bilstein 5100 shocks on all way around and set front ones to 1.75 lift, after alignment they got camber and toe to 0 and caster is at 1.8 on both sides. Still rides good but wonder if went ahead and replace uca would make that big of difference. I used stock springs also. thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
If your happy with how it drives then there is no need for UCAs. Aftermarket UCAs will add caster which will help with wondering at high speed.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
If your happy with how it drives then there is no need for UCAs. Aftermarket UCAs will add caster which will help with wondering at high speed.
it also helps with wandering.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
it also helps with wandering.
I wander what that means
Old 03-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The OEM TX Baja package lifts 2.0" with stock UCAs. You are fine.

Replacing UCAs takes 2x-3x as long as replacing the shock, not worth the effort IMO for just a 1.75" lift.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
ok still feels good just, not quite as good as stock did. Will leave like they are for now and can always upgrade if needed. just did not want to mess anything up or cause parts to wear faster than normal. I drive about 125 miles a day. thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Well if it doesn't feel as good as you want and drive that much you might want to get them.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Well if it doesn't feel as good as you want and drive that much you might want to get them.
^^^this...and the install was a lot easier and faster than doing the lift.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Replacing UCAs takes 2x-3x as long as replacing the shock, not worth the effort IMO for just a 1.75" lift.
Takes about 45 mins to do both sides. Nothing to it.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
your right looks like the uca are alot easier than the lift. Should not be hard at all to install. I will use this truck for 95% highway driving the light racing arms looks to be the best price and if not offroading should hold up pretty good. Only negitive i have read is that they loose alignmet on uca pretty easy. Anyone that does mostly dirt road and highway driving haveing any problems with alignmet staying in? thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #11
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013taco View Post
your right looks like the uca are alot easier than the lift. Should not be hard at all to install. I will use this truck for 95% highway driving the light racing arms looks to be the best price and if not offroading should hold up pretty good. Only negitive i have read is that they loose alignmet on uca pretty easy. Anyone that does mostly dirt road and highway driving haveing any problems with alignmet staying in? thanks.
Mine have been dead on for the last year since I put them on. No problems at all. They will only take about 45 minutes to install. I know, I installed my lift myself. I drive about 80 miles round trip to work and take this truck everywhere and wherever I might like to venture.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Takes about 45 mins to do both sides. Nothing to it.
I had to cut the UCA bolt (and installed new ones in the opposite direction). On my truck, just bending the inner fender with Channel Lock pliers wasn't enough for the bolt to clear.

Out of curiosity I called a Toyota dealer. Their quoted labor time for UCA replacement was 4 hours.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #13

Quote:
I had to cut the UCA bolt (and installed new ones in the opposite direction). On my truck, just bending the inner fender with Channel Lock pliers wasn't enough for the bolt to clear.

Out of curiosity I called a Toyota dealer. Their quoted labor time for UCA replacement was 4 hours.
Ah....well, they quote more time, for less work.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:

I bent my fender out of the way and removed the battery. Used the same bolts and put them back in the same way. Toyota gets paid by what the book says not by how long it actually takes to do it.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #15
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
What brand of uca is recommended ?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I will be getting Light Racing. They're on the lower end pricewise and there are other options.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #17
lpfm1990 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
lpfm1990's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lpfm1990
the tx baja comes pre lifted from toyota!?!?!?! damnnnnnnnn, wish i would have known that now...... maybe in 2 years i can swap out to that, and hopefully, it has the 5.7 tundra motor option with a 6 speed, and atleast 4.10's rears (i can hope right?)
Old 04-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #18
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013taco View Post
Where have you read that the LR UCAs lose alignment settings pretty easy?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #19
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at camburg and they have a max of wheel with and ofset that can be use. Do you know if de LR have any restrictions?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #20
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Where have you read that the LR UCAs lose alignment settings pretty easy?

yea i would like to know also. havent had any problems out of mine.