Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do I stop the beeps when I lock or unlock my Taco?

Old 02-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #41
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (krt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy and I clipped the wire to his buzzer on his 03. No problems so far but it was on the older model.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #42
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
I just took my Taco to my buddy that owns an Audio store to get the Valentine1 and TomTom hardwired...he advised me not to cut the wire to the piezo buzzer. He said they'll have more than one thing running in a wire sometimes and when the stealership connects a computer to it it will show up therefore voiding part of my warranty.

Those are good points so I don't think I'll cut the wire. I guess I'll wait until the next time I'm at the stealership and pay them $90 to do it.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #43
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Step one: Open the drivers door and insert the key into the ignition

step two: Remove the key from the ignition and, within 5 seconds,
reinsert the key back into the ignition and switch to the on position.

Step three: After 10 seconds, the system enters the answer-back mode

step four: Within 10 of the answer-back beep the switching mode is
started, press the remote twice and teh system will turn off
or on based upon which the system is set.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #44
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post

Did this work on your 05? How do you know it will work on our 09's????

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #45
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmed99 View Post
Did this work on your 05? How do you know it will work on our 09's????

Thanks for the help!
That solution got posted before in this thread, but never confirmed. I'll give it a shot this evening.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #46

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by weihenstephaner View Post
That solution got posted before in this thread, but never confirmed. I'll give it a shot this evening.
How did you find that thread...I've been looking for something like this all day.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #47
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmed99 View Post
How did you find that thread...I've been looking for something like this all day.
Googled 'answer-back mode Tacoma' after I saw blackenedtaco's post. It didn't come up when I searched here earlier because none of the keywords I thought of were in that other post.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #48
1st Tacoma
nd1979 is on a distinguished road

Army: Finance-Chairborne!
nd1979's Tacoma Gallery
I tried this a few weeks ago

jmed99 and I could not get it to work for the life of me. If you can please let me know
Thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #49
zuter will become famous soon enough
zuter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thank you, Blackened Taco! This works like a charm. And yes I have an 09'

Someone should start a post listing all the tweaks that can be done like this one! That is if there isn't one already and if so this one should be added.

Again, thank you!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #50

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
This works!!!! My beeping has stopped! Do this...

Last Modified: 5-14-20085.1 DFrom: 200805Model Year: 2009Model: TacomaDoc ID: RM000000XXC01SXTitle: DOOR LOCK: WIRELESS DOOR LOCK CONTROL SYSTEM: CUSTOMIZE PARAMETERS (2009 Tacoma)
CUSTOMIZE PARAMETERS

1. CUSTOMIZING FUNCTION

The following items can be customized.

NOTICE:
  • When the customer requests a change in a function, first make sure that the function can be customized.
  • Record the current settings before customizing.
  • When troubleshooting a function, first make sure that the function is set to the default setting.
  • If the battery is disconnected, the wireless answer-back buzzer will be returned to the default setting.
Item
Function
Default Setting
Customized Setting
Wireless remote control
Operation signal (Buzzer)
ON
OFF

(a) Open the driver side door and insert the key into the ignition cylinder.
(b) Remove the key from the ignition cylinder and, within 5 seconds, reinsert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON.
(c) After 10 seconds, the system enters answer-back buzzer switching mode.
(d) Within 10 seconds after answer-back buzzer switching mode is started, if a transmitter button (the same button) is pressed twice, the answer-back buzzer setting changes (off to on, or on to off) to activate or disable answer-back by buzzer.

HINT:
  • The driver side door is closed.
  • The ignition switch is turned off.
  • The key is removed from the ignition cylinder.
  • A transmitter button is not pressed for 10 seconds after answer-back switching mode is started.
  • The transmitter is operated but the second button pressed is different from the first.
  • Answer-back starts.
Thanks to beeftaco!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #51
Hooked

Awesome. Can't wait to get off work to try this. And if I don't like it, I can disconnect the battery and get my beeps back. Beats cutting wires.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #52
1st Tacoma

nd1979's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

I must be lame! I glad to see that it works. I will try again until I get this sucker quiet.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #54
fishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud of
fishshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks BT and jmed99, the beeping WAS annoying, it's fixed now.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #55
Hooked

Thumbs up

Hell yeah. Worked great, first time. No more annoying beeps.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #57
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Of all the advise that I have gotten off this forum, this is by far the best.

Thank God, no more beeps.

I just can't believe that Toyota wanted to change someone on here 80 bucks just to turn it off. What a friggin ripoff.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #58
fishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud of
fishshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I also have the procedure to kill the seatbelt buzzers also if you want that too just let me know.
I'd like to know. Any ideas about the open door/ keys in the ignition alarm?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #59
1st Tacoma

nd1979's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Allright!

I finally got it to work, I had the stupid door closed and it would not work! Thanks guys.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #60
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
some times i wish mine would beep so i didnt have to look for the lights to turn on. not a big concern though