Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ANNOYING SEAT BELT BEEPING NOISE

Old 04-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #21
Jaws9760 has a spectacular aura aboutJaws9760 has a spectacular aura about

Jaws9760's Tacoma Gallery
I just posted about the buckle spring mod in the same thread max2 linked to: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...disable-4.html

It's an inelegant solution but if your dealership says that the commands aren't available on your truck, it does work.

I'm pleased, Dog in passenger seat: airbag off, no beeping. Dad in passenger seat: airbag on, no beeping. Success!

I'd be interested to hear if someone with a 2013 TRD Sport had luck turning it off with a TechStream or had luck at a dealership - I don't know if my dealership guys were incompetent or if it's a trim-related option.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #22
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer was happy to turn off the belt beeper, had to tell them how to do it, with their computer hooked to the truck's diagnostic port. I hate having the thing beeping at me when I'm doing something in the yard or at the site.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #23
tacoman2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
tacoman2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
My dealer was happy to turn off the belt beeper, had to tell them how to do it, with their computer hooked to the truck's diagnostic port. I hate having the thing beeping at me when I'm doing something in the yard or at the site.
I went to get mine serviced for the 10k and they said it's against company policy to do it due to safety concerns. I called a different dealership in the area and said they have not heard of a way to disable the annoying beep. I'm in So. Cali and do enjoy going to the drive in theaters but it's annoying hearing the beep and trying to enjoy a movie. My service guy said his manager with be emailing me about their decision.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #24
Jaws9760 has a spectacular aura aboutJaws9760 has a spectacular aura about

Jaws9760's Tacoma Gallery
Shall we start compiling a list of willing dealerships?

Appleway Toyota, Spokane, WA - $57, unconfirmed if they can do it
Parker Toyota, Coeur d'Alene, ID - $84, willing but unable on a 2013 TRD Sport
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #25
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
It is *so* simple. You should all buy the techstream Vci deal off eBay n do it yourselves
Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #26
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
According to a bunch of other threads, the dealer has to do it for you on the 11-13's. Takes them 5 minutes. Page 586 of the owners manual.
Lies...Under my seat there was a plug that I unplugged that did it. There is a picture of it somewhere around here which one to pull. And it only shuts off the driver side which is good, I want my passengers wearing theirs at all times.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #27
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Lies...Under my seat there was a plug that I unplugged that did it. There is a picture of it somewhere around here which one to pull. And it only shuts off the driver side which is good, I want my passengers wearing theirs at all times.
I wonder what else that plug effects?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #28
Mr.Gadget is on a distinguished road

Mr.Gadget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
I wonder what else that plug effects?
My thought also. Don't want to change something else like the airbag.

Just sick of the sound when you are moving a trailer, in and out and so on.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #29
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
My thought also. Don't want to change something else like the airbag.

Just sick of the sound when you are moving a trailer, in and out and so on.
Isn't there an airbag in the side of the seat? Mine have them. I would think they would need some connection. Perhaps that plug also handles that?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #30
tacoman2 is on a distinguished road
tacoman2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws9760 View Post
Shall we start compiling a list of willing dealerships?

Appleway Toyota, Spokane, WA - $57, unconfirmed if they can do it
Parker Toyota, Coeur d'Alene, ID - $84, willing but unable on a 2013 TRD Sport
That's a great idea. Maybe anew thread just for this purpose. :thumbup:

Claremont Toyota - no go!