Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Good price or wait? Price check on 4cyl 5spd

Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Good price or wait? Price check on 4cyl 5spd

Been looking at 2nd gens.
Found a couple I'm interested in.

Is $17-18k a good price on a 2009-2010 Access cab, 2.7, 4x4? Pretty basic models, no frills. Found a couple with around 50-80k miles in that range.

I was really looking for a little older 2007ish for more around 15, but these two popped up. Wondering if they're a good deal, or keep searching.

Thanks
-Josh
Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'd stay in the 2008 + range
Old 03-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Any reason? I heard that the 07-08 were the better years due to less electronics. But that's just from 2nd gen scanning when bored.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I think 05 to 08 didn't have trac / atrac and vsc . Maybe a 07-08 if you don't want the nannies .
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for discussion on positives/negatives of 05+ years.. I'm also in the market but am looking for more like the $14-15k range
Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
ORTaco09 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
ORTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.kbb.com/
Old 03-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 09 v6 but it taught me two things: the vsc is handy on the road but makes anything off the beaten path a pain, and the 09+ rear seats in the access cab make that area much less useful.

The main reason I hunted for an 09 was for the mp3 radio. Only later did I find out that the Toyota radio in the 09-11 trucks die every couple years (mine killed the second one at 34k miles) and the ceiling "speakers" are awful.

I wasn't seriously looking to sell my base model 09 but I found my 07 Sr5 AC in such good condition (far better than my 09 was) that I couldn't pass it up. I paid $13k for it. Granted it has more miles than I was looking for (124k) but the Toyota dealer already changed out many typical items of concern - front wheel bearings, spiral cable recall (free anyways), all brake pads/shoes, one idler and the tensioner, and the ebrake cables - and it has the Toyota hitch/wiring and the rims I always drooled over. I made them throw a Pioneer radio into the deal and I was a happy camper.

17k for a base '10 wouldn't bother me too much if it's around blue book but I expect a bigger drop in price once that powertrain warranty expires.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #8

An 07 for $13. Id be down for a deal like that.