Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lexus RX or keeping the tacoma?

Old 03-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #41
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc5 View Post
Yeah, you would think, but it just isn't so. It appears Lexus has "tuned" the RX for the soccer mom crowd. I've driven one for a day (loaner from the Lexus dealer) and aside from it having this really cool place for my wife to put her purse (female design orientation?), it's just a small(er) cross-over with not much going for it IMHO. Lots of bells & whistles though. Very noisy on the freeway too, which is a big negative for me.

We have a '08 GX470, which is a totally different vehicle.
I Would like to test drive one
Old 03-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #42
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Dude don't do it man
Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #43

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskers View Post
I would say DON'T DO IT.......

2004 RX330 is VERY smooth, boat like handling. 3.3l V6 with about 230hp. 2010+ RX350/450h is tuned a little sportier but not much. If you want luxury then buy it but it will turn your driving soul off for good. These are not fuel efficient neither (save the hybrid) since they ask for Premium (2012+ can take regular).

My sister has a 2005 RX330 with 120k miles now and it is still as smooth and quiet as new. My spouse has 2010 RX350 and I used to have a 2010 RX450h. My other sis has a 2001 RX300 with 170k miles now and still driving good (knock on woods). So, I know the RX series very well.

So my thought - DON'T DO IT.......

People, please lay off the comments of guys who drive Lexus RX are gay. This same goes for "guys who drive the Slades are either pimps or gangsters". No judgmental please.
So true, no judgemental please
Old 03-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #44

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
Dude don't do it man
no I definitely think the tacoma suits me very well, and I think the tacoma is like the Lexus of trucks for yota. A refined truck
Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #45
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
You are in the French Polynesia? No wonder the milage is so low for a nearly 10 year-old vehicle - only so far you can drive on an island.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #46
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra View Post
no I definitely think the tacoma suits me very well, and I think the tacoma is like the Lexus of trucks for yota. A refined truck
It would b hard to go to a Lexus rx after a tacoma. I know it would leave me wanting more that I couldn't get.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #47
MTLTaco is on a distinguished road
MTLTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #48

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
You are in the French Polynesia? No wonder the milage is so low for a nearly 10 year-old vehicle - only so far you can drive on an island.
Yes I'm there and I one of the rare people who got a tacoma, others got the hilux D4D
Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #49
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Turn in your man card for even thinking about this trade....
Pros: Smooth driving in the RX
Cons: you look like a huge pussy and you'd be driving a "bitch-mobile"

If that doesn't bother you then go for it! Otherwise stick with your truck and not a modern mini-van
Old 03-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #50
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
You should stop drinking beer and start watching Glee if you buy that. Your penis would invert to...um yeah!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #51
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
You should definitely go for it.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #52
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong with lexus, or their SUV's if it suits your lifestyle. It sounds like this one doesn't, since it's a pathetic excuse for a vehicle (2WD) so just hold out for a real one.

I had an Xterra for a few years and really missed the truck bed, but thats just me.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #53
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
You should definitely go for it.