LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lexus RX or keeping the tacoma?

Old 03-23-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Lexus RX or keeping the tacoma?

I got a 2008 Tacoma TRD sport and I just saw a really good 2004 Lexus RX 330 used with 35 000miles on it, I can't stop thinking of buying it and sell my tacoma... Actually I already loved the look of the Lexus but couldn't afford a brand new, this one could be a good opportunity. Just wanted to know your opinions, if I made the good choice or not.
The pros and cons of RX 330 if someone knows
Old 03-23-2013, 03:32 AM   #2
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
You will need to turn in your "man card".
Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #3
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO. I've never seen a guy drive a RX. Unless he was gay.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #4
Hot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the rough
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
no comparison....one's for pretty boys...one's for real men...
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
MTLTaco is on a distinguished road
MTLTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ummm my mom drives a 2010 RX 350. Absolutley no soul. It feels numb and drives like a mini van. Smooth but it always surprises me how much tighter the tacoma feels after driving the lexus. Handles 10 times better!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #7
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
They are not even the same type of vehicle. Are you wanting to go off road? Carry cargo? Look like you have testosterone in you? Stay with a Tacoma. If you are looking to stay on the road, grocery shop, take the kids to soccer and wear a dress, get the 2004 Lexus RX 330.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
In short, you probably don't want to ask us....

Next week guys, someones gonna ask if he should trade in his Taco for a Prius,....

its coming, just wait for it.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLTaco View Post
Ummm my mom drives a 2010 RX 350. Absolutley no soul. It feels numb and drives like a mini van. Smooth but it always surprises me how much tighter the tacoma feels after driving the lexus. Handles 10 times better!!!
Really? That's VERY surprising. You'd think with unibody construction and street-oriented suspension tuning, the RX would handle better...
Old 03-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post

Next week guys, someones gonna ask if he should trade in his Taco for a Prius,....

How about CRZ?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
MTLTaco is on a distinguished road
MTLTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Drive them both back to back. The RX sways.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post

Old 03-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #14
rickc5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Rick
rickc5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Really? That's VERY surprising. You'd think with unibody construction and street-oriented suspension tuning, the RX would handle better...
Yeah, you would think, but it just isn't so. It appears Lexus has "tuned" the RX for the soccer mom crowd. I've driven one for a day (loaner from the Lexus dealer) and aside from it having this really cool place for my wife to put her purse (female design orientation?), it's just a small(er) cross-over with not much going for it IMHO. Lots of bells & whistles though. Very noisy on the freeway too, which is a big negative for me.

We have a '08 GX470, which is a totally different vehicle.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
How about CRZ?
A glorified Prius with Honda badging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

I was actually thinking of that pic when i posted....
Old 03-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #18
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
They are not even the same type of vehicle. Are you wanting to go off road? Carry cargo? Look like you have testosterone in you? Stay with a Tacoma. If you are looking to stay on the road, grocery shop, take the kids to soccer and wear a dress, get the 2004 Lexus RX 330.

Funniest sh*t ever...
Old 03-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #19
GoHuskers is on a distinguished road
GoHuskers's Tacoma Gallery
I would say DON'T DO IT.......

2004 RX330 is VERY smooth, boat like handling. 3.3l V6 with about 230hp. 2010+ RX350/450h is tuned a little sportier but not much. If you want luxury then buy it but it will turn your driving soul off for good. These are not fuel efficient neither (save the hybrid) since they ask for Premium (2012+ can take regular).

My sister has a 2005 RX330 with 120k miles now and it is still as smooth and quiet as new. My spouse has 2010 RX350 and I used to have a 2010 RX450h. My other sis has a 2001 RX300 with 170k miles now and still driving good (knock on woods). So, I know the RX series very well.

So my thought - DON'T DO IT.......

People, please lay off the comments of guys who drive Lexus RX are gay. This same goes for "guys who drive the Slades are either pimps or gangsters". No judgmental please.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #20
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I owned a 2002 rx before the taco, awesome ride. I would not trade a taco for the rx but I'm pretty out doorsy.